NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Deathjam

I got offered a job too!

Unemployment is rubbish. I hope I'm able to get a job by the end of the year, if not, then I'll become desperate!

Congrats, Deathjam. :smile:

By the end of of the year?

:indeed:

Just how hard are you trying to get a job. If I was out of work I'd take whatever was on offer until something better came along. People that say they can't find work are clearly not looking hard enough. Sometimes you have to work in poor paying roles to get cash.

By the end of of the year?

:indeed:

Just how hard are you trying to get a job. If I was out of work I'd take whatever was on offer until something better came along. People that say they can't find work are clearly not looking hard enough. Sometimes you have to work in poor paying roles to get cash.

You don't know. I might end up getting a job in one month, two months, three months.

If that happens, then I will have a job at the end of the year.

It's completely O2's shitty site's fault. I will hold my anger until I find out that I have to go to a great ordeal before I can get my money back

I too was offered a new job today. I'd applied to work at the Jobcentre, and a letter from the DWP arrived this morning. Great, I thought! Brilliant! Reading on though (and this is really, really wierd), it seems that although i've been successful, i'm actually on a 'waiting list'. I have never, never heard of that before. Very strange.

I too was offered a new job today. I'd applied to work at the Jobcentre, and a letter from the DWP arrived this morning. Great, I thought! Brilliant! Reading on though (and this is really, really wierd), it seems that although i've been successful, i'm actually on a 'waiting list'. I have never, never heard of that before. Very strange.

A waiting list to work at the JobCentre...Isn't that ironic? :indeed:

a waiting list means you were successful, but there was someone better than you. They hold your name for so long, and if a new job appears you get it. Its common practice amongst the NHS, and lots of other places afaik.

There's no one better than me! ;), its kinda disappointing now... Their letter though, having read it again, should really be a little clearer- even saying something like 'we've filled our position, but will keep you on our list'.

There's no one better than me! ;), its kinda disappointing now... Their letter though, having read it again, should really be a little clearer- even saying something like 'we've filled our position, but will keep you on our list'.

Basically that's what it is. Sometimes it isn't clear unless you work in a place that uses that kind of protocol.

It mostly used in big places where there is a likelyhood for more jobs becoming available in short term, such as a big corporation, NHS, etc.

In the NHS their wait list is usually between 6 months and a year. Mostly they aren't that great, because if you are unemployed you want to get a job asap, and you wont generally stick around waiting on the hope of a job becoming available.

It obviously makes sense now, but it just seemed such a strange thing to have set up. I've been so bored with my present job for so long, the only decent thing is the unchecked internet access.

Its a benefit to a large company because it costs a lot to advertise and interview. Good luck anyway hopefully you get something =)

White lion or Victoria. Please be The Cow.

You do live in Beeston, don't you?

I've just got a second job too, teaching Brazilian kids English in Japan.

Bizzarded

Are you talking about Beeston in Leeds??

Are you talking about Beeston in Leeds??

Calm down Canus Maddus, look at EEVIL's location. There's clearly more than one Beeston. :heh:

Calm down Canus Maddus, look at EEVIL's location. There's clearly more than one Beeston. :heh:

You can STFU you Red Turnip killing pirate :P

Yeah there's a Beeston near Nottingham.

Sign in to follow this