Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Best Wii Games?

kcl91

Heya Guys,

Just a quick question. Im absolutely getting Brawl on June 27th, but until then I want a game to tide me over with. I can only afford one game before Brawl, so which Wii game of the following is the best for me to get?

*Mario Kart Wii

*Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I ask this because i've never played a Prime game before....so will I like it? I once played Super Metroid (SNES) for like half an hour at a friends house....i liked it....but the non-linear, back-tracking was a bit wierd for me.

So overall....is MP3:C worth me buying? or shall I get MK:Wii or is it too repetitive?

Advise please.

Thanx in advance, kcl91

Well it seems that you have played Wifi on Mario Kart DS so if you enjoyed it on there you will absolutely fall in love with Wifi on Mario Kart Wii :) That's all I can say really as I have not played Metroid Prime 3.

I found both to be slightly disappointing, but I guess if you get Metroid 3 you should play Prime 1 first. There is very little backtracking in Corruption though, which i thought killed it somewhat, and they give the power ups to you on a plate.

Either is a good choice though.

Both games are class. Mario Kart Wii has a somewhat irritating single player mode but that is really there to help you get ready for online play (although time trial mode is so much more fun than it used to be with online rankings) which is so much fun too (when you are good). But the single player AI is cruel. Very cruel. Really feels like cheating sometimes.

Metroid Prime 3 is pure class too. I loved it. The story for me was entertaining, and was one thing that kept me coming back. The other things were the fps controls, which when played with for awhile, make other shooters feel awkward. It's so good, and then the puzzles and game mechanics are designed to make it feel as if you yourself have your hands in the game. It can be challenging in certain parts, and dwarf was right about how the give powerups on a plate. Also the backtracking has been changed in that new paths open up with your newfound abilities, giving you shortcuts. Better imo.

Mario Kart Wii will probably last you longer if you use the multiplayer often, but Metroid Prime will give you a better singleplayer experience, and really should be bought by all wii owners, but then the same goes for Mario Kart wii :heh: The choice is yours

cool thanx for the replies. So far I think im swaying towards Mario Kart Wii! But how long do you think the single player mode will last me?

(Because i can be online forever..lol..but is the single player mode a letdown? )

Get Kart. The single player mode will last you longer than you expect, and as others have been saying, in this Mario Kart, the time trial is genuinely fun and useful. You'll put time in in one player to unlock characters and karts, and get used to the levels for when you go online. Then there are the competitions and whatnot, so there is a decent amount of things to get through in it!

cool thanx for the replies. So far I think im swaying towards Mario Kart Wii! But how long do you think the single player mode will last me?

(Because i can be online forever..lol..but is the single player mode a letdown? )

The online is great, the single player lasts long for the wrong reasons, and is quite a letdown as its more luck based than skill based.

MP3 is a quite amazing game, the story is pretty good, the graphics are excellent for the Wii, the controls are excellent. Compared to previous metroid games the backtracking is quite a bit less.

It really comes down to what type of games you play. If you like multiplayer/online get MK (I will point out that if you aren't that close to your TV and playing split screen you will find the box just a little small (this probably isn't an issue on an HD TV)). If you like the single player experience, You much better off with metroid.