N-Europe

Question About PC Input TV Monitors

ReZourceman

Im considering getting a PC input tv monitor as my PC monitor, to replace it.

I have a few questions.

A) Are they fairly small (and light weight etc, similar in comparison to standard PC monitors). I want one similar in size to the one I have now, which is *checks Play* okay my current one is 17" which is plenty big enough. A little bigger can't hurt, but yeah.

B) The only reason is for something to hook my PS2 upto. Can you have the PS2 plugged in at the same time as the PC, or is it a long winded process to switch between the two?

THNAK!

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "pc input tv monitors".

These days most LCD SD and HD televisions come with VGA and pc audio ports which means you can hook them up to your PC and use them as a monitor. Of course since they are essentially televisions more than monitors, they have all the other ports too, scart, component, RF etc... so of course you can hook up your PS2 as well. Any LCD TV would be fine...

Or if you're after something that leans more in the monitor category there's monitors with built in TV cards like this?

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by "pc input tv monitors".

These days most LCD SD and HD televisions come with VGA and pc audio ports which means you can hook them up to your PC and use them as a monitor. Of course since they are essentially televisions more than monitors, they have all the other ports too, scart, component, RF etc... so of course you can hook up your PS2 as well. Any LCD TV would be fine...

Or if you're after something that leans more in the monitor category there's monitors with built in TV cards like this?

Ooooh, that monitor looks nice. Sounds like a safe bet. Little above the price range I was thinking, but I spose maybe I was being optimistic.

Thanks!

I paid £100 for the 19" widescreen version. I don't think an inch is worth £100 imo.

The connections are really good, DVI and VGA for PC, HDMI for PS3, Component for PS3, scart and RF as well.

Just checked the website where I got it, they don't have in their catalogue any more.