N-Europe

Buying Shares

dwarf

For economics, our teacher has 'given' us 100,000 pounds to spend on shares. We have to invest in at least 5 different companies, but under 10.

I was thinking that if I put in a lot of money into 1 company and got the decision right, then that would probably be the way to go.

What companies should I buy shares from?

Nintendo?

BP?

Northern Rock?

I don't know because I have little knowledge in this area and maybe your experience could help me win. :smile:

How long do you have? And can you buy/sell during the game?

If you've got a short amount of time then you want to invest in companies that are likely to make big announcements before the time on you're game is up. Look for big exhibisions, or companies that haven't released their financial results yet for this year (as long as you know they did well).

CBS bought Gamespot and Co. - I guess this will make shares of CBS rise quite a bit. Generally for long term trading it is best to invest in fonds and other traditional companies. Weapons, energy, oil normally rise. If you want to make quick money you have to follow anouncements of new patents, products and stuff and then be quick.

If a pharma company is close to get new medicine out you can get a lot of money but also lose a lot when the government doesn't allow that sort of drug.