N-Europe

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Strange Cookie

Yeah i might pick this up on the cheap. Its hardly a bad game and its quite accessible.

Tekken 5 DR on PS3 is most excellent. 4 was kind of weak. Tekken 6 seems pretty nice too. Its no wonder its the only big fighting game franchise left. But they need to be careful with the home conversion. Hopefully going multiplatform does not destroy it like SC or other japanese games.

Street Fighter 4 has the exact same gameplay the last 200 SF games have ever had. Crapcom/ Hashcom indeed.

CrapCom/Hashcom?

Have you played Street Fighter 4 then?

Still cant believe how badly they messed up Turbo HD. Even other SD games have nicer sprites and animation.

Capcom didnt really make SF2THDR.

Backbone Entertainment did it and UDON Entertainment did the artwork.

David Sirlin, lead designer said: "I struggled almost every day with that whole project trying to get something done. A real critical hurdle for me was having the rebalanced mode at all. Backbone, they just didn't want to do it at all because it sounded like too much work. Who's going to pay for all this, it's hard enough to ship this game in the first place and, were they going to assign programmers to help me? They didn't want to do that. So they said, 'no, we're not going to do it'. Just flat out no. I pretty much ignored that. I started reading the source code myself, and I'm not a programmer, and I'm certainly not an assembly programmer, so it's complete gibberish to me."

Makes me worried for RE5.

So dont play RE5 then, no one was moaning that RE1,RE2,RE3,RE:CV were the same style pattern.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CrapCom/Hashcom?

Have you played Street Fighter 4 then?

I have. The biggest change is in aesthetics not gameplay. Its still the same old game its always been, hardly the revolution that some are making it out to be. But lets see how it turns out. But from what I can tell people are overly generous towards Crapcom lately.

Capcom didnt really make SF2THDR.

Backbone Entertainment did it and UDON Entertainment did the artwork.

David Sirlin, lead designer said: "I struggled almost every day with that whole project trying to get something done. A real critical hurdle for me was having the rebalanced mode at all. Backbone, they just didn't want to do it at all because it sounded like too much work. Who's going to pay for all this, it's hard enough to ship this game in the first place and, were they going to assign programmers to help me? They didn't want to do that. So they said, 'no, we're not going to do it'. Just flat out no. I pretty much ignored that. I started reading the source code myself, and I'm not a programmer, and I'm certainly not an assembly programmer, so it's complete gibberish to me."

Capcom are the publisher. The budget ultimately was their responsibility. They had low standards so the developers had to work the best they could.

So dont play RE5 then, no one was moaning that RE1,RE2,RE3,RE:CV were the same style pattern.

Still looking forward to RE5 but i hope they dont mess it up or do something stupid since RE4 was impeccable for its time. Before RE4 many were complaining about RE being stagnant.

With their recent moves. Hashcom is well deserved IMO.

Clunky and shallow? Oh hell yes.

But fun? Very much so. They didn't go OTT with violence and stupid additions. This game is about beating the crap out of each other, in a 12+ kind of way.

As many have said, it feels heavy and its no Soul Calibur but its the first MK title i've enjoyed since Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Great purchase for me.

Glad to see somebody who feels the same way as me about this game. Yes it isn't as technical or indepth as the other fighters out recently but it sure as hell is a lot of fun.