N-Europe

Processor power problems

Pancake

I just tried to install Viva Pinata and it alerted me that my processor wasn't running at full power (or was it speed), and to check if i wasn't running anything else that might cause it to operate on a low power setting. But i'm not running anything, anything at all. Is there a way to check your porcessor power settings and/or adjust them?

Is this on a laptop? Some laptops have various different power options. Because different power options will reduce processor performance to increase battery life. If it is the case try changing your performance to a entertainment or maximum power based setting. If it is on a PC then I'm not too sure.

Start > Run > Type "DXDiag" > Hit Enter > Click "Save all information" (or something like that)

Post the results up here. It would well be another part of your computer rather than the CPU.

I just did that, but the "all information" is pages long! I think there are rules against posts that big. Em, here's the first page of it if that's any help.

forli1.png

I'm actually just beginning to think it's all because my comp just isn't good enough. The min RAM is 1GB, and that's what i have.

yeah that's probably your problem, very borderline meeting the specs.

System Requirements:

Processor: 1.8 GHz

Memory: 1 GB RAM, 10 GB free hard drive space

Video card: NVIDIA 5900, ATI 9600, or above

The first warning is because the CPU was in power saving mode (it switches out of it when needed). The stuttering is because the graphics card isn't good enough.

I had an X700 in my laptop, it could barely run Rome: Total War. The X600 is slower and Viva Pinatta has higher system requirements than Rome.