Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Space Art

Guest Ray Falling

Guest Ray Falling

Ever seen or heard about space art? Its becoming very popular on the net lately and theres some really amazing artists out there.

Some create space scapes through photo manipulation or brushing in Photoshop or combinations of both.

Its really quite addicting, and sometimes the results are breathtaking.

Here are some of the most popular space art related pictures that can be found on deviant art: space art

Click a thumbnail for bigger views. Some are really amazing, and very inspiring. Theres something about creating your own worlds...just so...cool n_n really I dunno how to describe it.

Of course as an artist, I thought I'd have a go on this myself. Found some friends and tutorials, and half way decided to take a turn and make it my own style.

I use mostly my own sky pictures and Photoshop 7.

Here is my most popular one, "Un-Natural Allignment" click here

click the image for bigger view.

And my most recent one: "3 times you broke my heart"click here

I recommend reading the descriptions below the pictures for extra info...especially on the second link. n_n Thanks.

Uhm, come to think of it..i can post the images here...just hope they're not too big. Let me know if they are and i'll remove them n_n

Enjoy. And feedback is much appreciated. Feel free to post space art you made. or link us to it.

--Ray

Guest Stefkov

wow those are all awesome, i really wish i could do that stuff. its so amazing. i love all the other stuff on deviant art aswell. But that space art is (enter action which indicates something better than great)

Guest Ray Falling

Thanks n_n . And its really not that hard. I tried it once and it's quite easy. Plenty of tutorials to be found too.

These are my uhm 2nd and 3rd ever attempts.

n_n I can totally recommend giving it a try. its fun

Yeah, that art is cool, is generally in my expeirnce much for striking than traditional art as it is much easier to alter and manipulate the picture.

Keep up the good work. Think the best things to do are wallpapers as people set them on their desktop and look at them all the time where as just a picture they look at, are struck by it, and then move on.

Keep up the good work. Think the best things to do are wallpapers as people set them on their desktop and look at them all the time where as just a picture they look at, are struck by it, and then move on.

that's bollocks, if a picture's great it'll leave an impact anyway. great work ray_falling, the second one especially is stunning! you seem really dedicated to your art, and that's a really good thing. i paint all the time but i'd never have the confidence to put my pictures up on the internet.

Guest Ray Falling

No thats actually pretty cool. I just suggest you make the lens flares bigger first and you get rid of the actualy flare and then shrink them down n_n cause ya cant have flare for each star really.

Other than that its really good keep it up

Guest Ray Falling

Thanks I will. And its actually the opposite, as you can see i set the display order on that on top favourites, and most are not wallpaper size. Also, wallpaper size means, less room for detail. And detail is what space art is all about. n_n

But if you want attention and for people to remember your work, you have to sell them as prints. Nothing beats a nice poster sized space scape (well maybe 2 posters will)

Most people make some sort of wallpaper version from their most popular stuff though. I have another one here but thats my first one and I can do alot better now. "witness of birth"wallpapersized

that's bollocks, if a picture's great it'll leave an impact anyway. great work ray_falling, the second one especially is stunning! you seem really dedicated to your art, and that's a really good thing. i paint all the time but i'd never have the confidence to put my pictures up on the internet.

Thanks n_n. Glad you like them. I'm not as dedicated to my art as i should be, i can get much better results if i put more effort in it, but I'm still learning. Also when it comes to doing art, I'm a total spazz, it has to feel right before I can actually work on something. Like, I had my laptop on with photoshop open for months now...so far I just coloured one space ship 0_0.

I'm a freak n_n.

I would love to see your paintings. I understand that you dont have the confidence yet to put stuff on the net. But you can build that. It takses some time maybe, but a place like deviantart.com is great for shwoing your work. and you get good feedback too most of the time.

I wouldnt even do art like I do now had I not been on deviantart.

But yeah, you need to build confidence...you need to be proud of your work. You need to be able to "sell" your work to the public, make em see that its your work and yours alone.

You cant expect anyone to love your work, if you dont love it yourself n_~ Thats the first step, love your work, be proud of it, and then the rest will follow. n_n

Wow, those are beautiful. I love the story of the Un-Natural Allignment one. Those kind of stories are my favorites.

Thank you very much. I like those kind of pieces most too. If you can link a thought, emotion or story (be it a true one or fantasy) to it, then you can add so much more value to a piece of art...

Wow, all these pictures are very impressive and I particularly like the second one of yours Ray.

Thanks you too n_n. I'm quite proud of the second one cause I used only my very own sky picture to make every single item on the picture. Thats right, even the meteors. Its all manipulating my own work n_n. I prefer originality over super-realism. I can do super realism I think, but I wont use that "power" just now.

Thanks for watching everyone n_n

--Ray

Thanks I will. And its actually the opposite, as you can see i set the display order on that on top favourites, and most are not wallpaper size. Also, wallpaper size means, less room for detail. And detail is what space art is all about. n_n

--Ray

Ah yes, I see what you mean, I am but a n00b to the Deviantart world.Yeah, and i guess some pictures and effective becasue of their shape and size and to resacle and drag it out would just lose half the images' look, IMHO.

Just kinda annoying when you see those amazing amazing pictures and you want something to happen with it. I agreeabout printing as I would happily've bought many pictures I found while browsing if my cash flow, and people made them avaiable for print, permitted me.

\

Guest Ray Falling
Ah yes, I see what you mean, I am but a n00b to the Deviantart world.Yeah, and i guess some pictures and effective becasue of their shape and size and to resacle and drag it out would just lose half the images' look, IMHO.

Just kinda annoying when you see those amazing amazing pictures and you want something to happen with it. I agreeabout printing as I would happily've bought many pictures I found while browsing if my cash flow, and people made them avaiable for print, permitted me.

\

No worries n_n.

But yeah, printing is the best way to go. But I'm really confused about how to set it all up, and it takes a small investment. (but i think it will be worth it)

I'm not sure if my space stuff is print-worthy yet. But my sky pictures are loved by many (at least I think its safe to say that) so I'll have to make prints of that realy n_n. And yeah money can be an issue ;_;

Those are really amazing, Ray! Like many others, I found "3 Times You Broke My Heart" the best. Truly amazing work...

Thanks very much. I'm very glad you like them. Ironically, the "3 times..." one got kinda bad feedback on deviantart. I still shouldnt complain, but compared to the other one, its doing really really bad.

Hmmm I need some ideas for a next piece...*giggle* so inspired again n_n