NEurope
Tellyn

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

I played the beta of this last year and forgot to actually buy the full version. I then moved onto Warcraft, which I don't really like and I've found to be quite boring. I loved Lord of the Rings, so I ordered the gold edition from Play.com for £14.99 (bargain), and it's now on its way.

Does anyone else here play this?

I played the trial version for a week recently to see what it was like, and I must admit it was quite enjoyable!

Started as a Hobbit, games feels ALOT like WoW, though maybe its just down to the similar UI as the game is completely different to WoW when you get down to it. The game is quite beautiful I must say, really blown away by how mesmerizing some of the locations are for an MMO which is a big plus.

Unfortunately, when I was downloading the game something must have went wrong as the sound in it came and went and didn't sound great, might have been a faulty download or something.

Great game, anyone who even has a passing interest in LOTR should give this a try just to see the various locations and scenery in the game, it really feels like the LOTR universe so much. In the end though, WoW still won me back.

I played the trial version for a week recently to see what it was like, and I must admit it was quite enjoyable!

Started as a Hobbit, games feels ALOT like WoW, though maybe its just down to the similar UI as the game is completely different to WoW when you get down to it. The game is quite beautiful I must say, really blown away by how mesmerizing some of the locations are for an MMO which is a big plus.

Unfortunately, when I was downloading the game something must have went wrong as the sound in it came and went and didn't sound great, might have been a faulty download or something.

Great game, anyone who even has a passing interest in LOTR should give this a try just to see the various locations and scenery in the game, it really feels like the LOTR universe so much. In the end though, WoW still won me back.

Oooo i didn't know they did the free trails. Think i might have to download it.

The graphics are beautiful, as is the music. I played for a month or two on a break from WoW. It was quality the dungeons, quests, places and story are immense. The story is a lot stronger than any other MMO I've played, and I like how every major patch releases a new chapter to the story. I think the most recent is Minas Tirith.

Only downfall for me was that I never got myself in a decent kinship, and all my friends who played it either went back to WoW or stopped playing for other games.

£8.99. The Gold Edition is £14.99 on Play.com and comes with 45 days free. :)

I'm on the trial at the mo, little Level 6 Hobbit. I't not bad, however i think i prefer WoW more, it just feels abit better made.

Overall i quite like it, i'm in the Shire at the minute completing the billions of quests they give.

It arrived yesterday. I'm a level 7 Hobbit Minstrel named Tellbard on the Eldar server, if anyone wants to add me.

*has literally just logged from there a few mins ago* :heh: I've been playing this for a good few months now and am truly enjoying it, eagerly awaiting the Mines of Moria expansion even though theres still lots to do in Shadows of Angmar... lol

Think ill pre-order the special edition Tellyn has linked there, hope i enjoy it more than WoW :S

*has literally just logged from there a few mins ago* :heh: I've been playing this for a good few months now and am truly enjoying it, eagerly awaiting the Mines of Moria expansion even though theres still lots to do in Shadows of Angmar... lol

And we have a winner! : peace: I stopped whilst my exams were on, I'm hoping to start back up next month. :)

Think ill pre-order the special edition Tellyn has linked there, hope i enjoy it more than WoW :S

It's so much better than WoW, in my opinion. It actually has a storyline, for one.

Im downloading the 3 different patches as we speak -.-

Why cant you just update it with the latest?

The never ending patches finally finished last night, i'm half way to level 5 i think, and i am liking it so far :), it doesn't have alot of edge over WoW however, i'm gonna see if i get bored of this at about level 12

WoW has a storyline, it's just not thrown in your face.

It just didn't feel rewarding at all, whereas LOTRO does. I resubscribed on Saturday, currently level 15 in the Barrow-downs. I'm trying to do a quest with a friend, but this stupid Hobbit we're supposed to protect always walks into the lion's den (level 15 Barrow-wight archers and warriors, they hunt in packs). We eventually got to the last bit, then this bloody Wight Prince (an elite) jumped out and murdered us. Looks like I'll need more people or I'll have to level up a bit.

Is anyone else on the Eldar server?

I've been contemplating trying this seeing as I've stopped playing WoW now as I got a lvl 70 on there and he's pretty much as geared as he'd need to be but I can't be bothered doing raids. Is the 10 day trial download still available? I'd love to give it a shot to see what it's like.

I've been contemplating trying this seeing as I've stopped playing WoW now as I got a lvl 70 on there and he's pretty much as geared as he'd need to be but I can't be bothered doing raids. Is the 10 day trial download still available? I'd love to give it a shot to see what it's like.

Yup, still available. Join the Eldar server and me, MadDog and Jimjebus (he's on the forums, doesn't post though) can come and meet you.

I downloaded the 14 day trial, set up the trial account but when I try to log in it gives me a Game Error (122): No suitable graphics device found. Something about a VM is mentioned but I don't know what to do. Had a look on the net but the things I've come across just confused me. It's probably drivers I need for my graphics card but I don't have a clue how to find out what type it is as it doesn't say through my system settings in the control panel.

Right gonna have to leave this. Can not get it to run. I've tried installing new graphics drivers but it still won't load up. Still giving me the game error (122).

Wasn't sure whether to bump or start anew.

Anyway this game as now become free to play. I've just started it. Does anybody else play?