NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Calza

F*** You Microsoft!!!

As some of you may have know my 360 had the red lights a few weeks ago and after a hiccup with delivery it finally came today. So as you could imagine I wanted to play it so I did. I played COD4 for a while and then I did my homework.

After I had done that I popped in Halo and started to play in that Tournament playlist. I came second (first time playing it in ages...) and then I went back to the lobby.

Then what I can only describe as a loudish clicking and whirling noise. Conufsed I went to the dashboard for it only to freeze with a black screen, I then turned it off and back on again. However it once again froze at the startup screen and now it would not switch off. Getting really annoyed now I switched off the mains and then back on again. I started it up again and this time it worked BUT it said unplayable disc. Confused I opened the disc tray to find a perfectly straight deep scratch a few centimetres outwards from the centre.

Considering this has been, and I quote, "tested extensively" and its went through a "rigorous two hour" test I find this absolutely appalling.

So yeah this is what I paid £270+, for just over a year to completely bail out on me and after its supposedly repaired it goes and wrecks my disc.

I am just seriously fed up with Microsoft right now, its a fantastic console when it wants to be but jesus does it suck right now. So yeah I guess I have to phone them up again and ask for them to send me the label again and then UPS to pick it up again.

They will send me a replacement for Halo yeah? 'cause if they don't then they have lost a customer as far as I am concerned.

I know this isn't what you wanna hear. But this is why i went to Sony, the hardware is a fucking appalling. Even when it's working it sounds like its gonna break at any second.

Try and go crazy on the phone to MS, you might get a game or some points for your trouble.

Only slightly related but Microsoft customer services when my girlfriend's laptop was buggering up was incredible. I spoke to a lovely man on an 0800 number and he told me exactly how to fix everything. He was so nice... I miss him.

Anyway! So hopefully they'll be nice to you? God knows they can afford to. Good luck.

Why exactly is it that 360s are breaking? Shouldn't they really fix the newer models?

I know this isn't what you wanna hear. But this is why i went to Sony, the hardware is a fucking appalling. Even when it's working it sounds like its gonna break any second.

Try and go crazy on the phone to MS, you might get a game or some points for your trouble.

I agree with Caris, except I haven't gone Sony.

I would advise, whilst remaining calm, pointing out that the service has been inadequate and that you feel some compensation is due. They've clearly not learned from the mass faults, so milk the bastards.

you wont get any compensation unless you ask to speak to a supervisor, however if you do that you probably will get some. Unless the customer service has changed drasticaly in the last couple of months.

Bad luck mate....So happy I decided to pay for 2 years insurance when I bought my console 2 weeks ago from GAME.

well I've had more troubles with the xbox360 than any other console.. I get the dreaded "disc dirty or damaged" on some games.. makes Dead rising unplayable for me. No 3 red lights yet though.. despit these problems I will still say that the 360 is the console that i have had the most fun with (thank you infinity ward)..

The xbox is the shoddiest piece of equipment I have EVER seen; it's is awful. I hate the console and Microsoft! Winds me up.

A few weeks ago I was turning off my little brothers XBox 360. The controller had froze on GTA and I was trying to restart the system. Holding down the power button i saw that red light and start panicing inside:shakehead

Somehow the machine turned off and then when I restarted it a few moments later there wasnt a problem. I havent had a bother since then but Ill tell ya if that had of been the red light of death my brother would have certainly ended my life.

im on my 3rd 360 (brought in sept 06) if it breaks/rrod again i will prob sell it as on my last straw with them myself. Last time it broke was 2 weeks before xmas so had no 360 over xmas.

So if it breaks again im selling it and getting my first ever playstation

I've had one that had a problem with it freezing. Got sent a new one in no time and that has worked perfectly so far for over a year.

So I'll be in here at the weekend with my red ring story....

Meh, shit happens.

I'm on my 7th 360, but I've had plenty of compensation out of them, a free console, 4 free games, extra controller, about 4 months of Live.

would never put up with being on a 7th console...must be very loyal to ms.

3 strikes and your out....the bases are loaded

would never put up with being on a 7th console...must be very loyal to ms.

3 strikes and your out....the bases are loaded

I'd agree with you.

On my first 360 still, nearly 2 years old. It won't play any DVDs (freezes about 10 mins in), disk read errors on the odd game too (like lost odyssey :( ), and a couple random crashes. I'm betting the next MS console will be bullet proof after this pile of shite.

Having said that, it has some awesome games . . . when the console wants to play nice that is.

I've had a whine about my 2nd (soon to be 3rd) Xbox 360 on the xbox thread. Its incredible how they manage to get away with it, if I could count the amount of people I've known on one hand who had a problem-less 360 experience... I guess I'd have a hook.

BBC Watchdog did a programme about this a year or so ago, when it recieved 248 complaints in a couple of months from the UK. You can find the results on YouTube, I urge you to check it out.

Sign in to follow this