NEurope
canand

Nintendo Kart or Pokemon Kart

Who thinks Nintendo should make them  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks Nintendo should make them

• Yes
    • No

I'd rather see Nintendo utilise their dev teams to create a wider, and more innovative range of products.

If you start wishing for things like this, you'll soon end with the Big N pimping out its stars for all kinds of toot. Mario's Super Pasta Plate Spinning, Zelda Etchasketch, Metroid Pinball:heh: . Be careful what you wish for.

Metroid Pinball has already been made. But judging from the smiley and the proverb at the end, I assume you know. :)

Wasn't Pokemon Dash a kinda racing game? There was not much positive about this game. It shows that Pokemon and Racing do not mix well together.

Nah, it just shows that Nintendo can rack in money if they slap the Pokémon logo on a game with terrible gameplay. It wasn't the idea that went wrong, it was the gameplay itself.

My own opinion is that although the thought has entered my mind, an all-star kart game wouldn't work. As previously stated, mixing universes works in a fighting game like Smash Bros. - it works very well, actually - but I don't think it would work in a racing game.

I'm more keen on the Pokémon racing. But not in karts or any vehicle, more like a running contest. They'd have to split the Pokémon into "weight classes" to make it fair (and realistic), though. I know you're all thinking about the disaster that was Pokémon Dash, but as I mentioned it wasn't the idea that lacked, it was the execution.

Nah, but I think Street Fighter Kart would be fecking cool...

There was Bomberman Kart so why not Pokemon Kart or a Sega VS Nintendo Kart game.

There was Bomberman Kart so why not Pokemon Kart or a Sega VS Nintendo Kart game.

You mean apart from the utterly obvious?

Hang on, am I wrong in thinking that Pokemon are Nintendo characters?

Yes they are Nintendo Characters.

A Pokemon Kart game would be lame as fuck man. Most of the masses who are fans of nintendo do not really fully know all the pokemon characters (obviously hardcore fans are exceptions) and there is only really 3 or 4 pokemon that are properly well known. Pokemon are wild animals that can fight, not wild animals that drive cars lol.

Maybe put Pikachu in Mario Kart as a playable character or bonus character?

A Pokemon Kart game would be lame as fuck man. Most of the masses who are fans of nintendo do not really fully know all the pokemon characters (obviously hardcore fans are exceptions) and there is only really 3 or 4 pokemon that are properly well known. Pokemon are wild animals that can fight, not wild animals that drive cars lol.

Maybe put Pikachu in Mario Kart as a playable character or bonus character?

Yeah that be good I want Pikachu in Mario Kart.

I'd rather see Nintendo utilise their dev teams to create a wider, and more innovative range of products.

If you start wishing for things like this, you'll soon end with the Big N pimping out its stars for all kinds of toot. Mario's Super Pasta Plate Spinning, Zelda Etchasketch, Metroid Pinball:heh: . Be careful what you wish for.

Lol, Metroid pinball allready exists...

If I'd have to choose, I'd want to see Nintendo Kart. There are allready too many Pokémon games, so all I want right now is a 3D Pokémon adventure for the Wii, like a 3D version of the portable games. Any other pure Pokémon game is sheit.

However, we allready have Mariokart, any changes would be purelly superficial. I instead want Nintendo to widen their audience. They have games for the casuals, they have, and undoubtedly will have in a larger extent in the future, games for their followers.

What's needed now are games that are a bit more to the core side. Like a racer or an FPS.

quite a few Nintendo characters just would not seem right in a kart,

Exactly...

.....Exactly the reason it would be cool.

But there's already Mario Kart so there's not really much point.

Maybe if they just took mario kart and put link, samus and Pikachu in it as guest characters.

I agree

Link and Samus just wouldn't suit it at all and would ruin their character.

Mario Kart is for the Mario franchise alone and imo it should stay like that. Anything else would seem like Nintendo are trying to cash in all their franchises and it wouldn't work.

It would hardly ruin their character, as it isn't exactly canon to their storylines, nor is it actually affecting their character.

+ It wouldn't be a cash in for the reason there's already Mario Kart existing anyway, and no more people would buy it than usual. It would just be fun to drive as characters not in the Mario world.

Neither, Mario Kart works well enough, and gets guest appearances from other Nintendo characters like R.O.B.

Except ROB's shit and there should have only ever been items/other references to him in games:heh:

What's needed now are games that are a bit more to the core side. Like a racer or an FPS.

To be honest...I think that's why we're "asking" for superficial things.

Nintendo can't handle things that matter; they're too obsessed with:

"WiiFit: Lose Some Weight Fatty (inc. you Miss Anorexic)"

to give a toss about Hard Drives or new games.

I actually considered this a little the other day. A pokemon kart, that is, after someone mentioned pikachu/pichu in the mario kart wii thread. It WOULD be a shameless cash in, but I see it hitting the rather large pokemon market well, and if it had enough uniqueness to it, a Pokekart could work, but it'd only really work, I don't see it as being an outstanding bit of gaming, it'd show as the shameless cash in that it is. The efforts could be concentrated better, as Kurtle said, on some nice and shiny new games.

I want Pikachu in Mario Kart and you got Pac-Man in Mario Kart GP and GP2.

If I'd have to choose, I'd want to see Nintendo Kart. There are allready too many Pokémon games, so all I want right now is a 3D Pokémon adventure for the Wii, like a 3D version of the portable games. Any other pure Pokémon game is sheit.

Nintendo are still making some pretty good pokemon games, (the main ones). Each one brings something new to the table. Even thought they are repetitive, each one feels like its a brand new adventure. Its still one of the best RPG games ever made.

They have games for the casuals, they have, and undoubtedly will have in a larger extent in the future, games for their followers.

Most FPS games and Car games are overhyped crap. There are some good ones but for the most part they're for fadders, not hardcores. The games that you say are for Nintendo followers are the ones for the "cores".

Nintendo are still making some pretty good pokemon games, (the main ones). Each one brings something new to the table. Even thought they are repetitive, each one feels like its a brand new adventure. Its still one of the best RPG games ever made.

Most FPS games and Car games are overhyped crap. There are some good ones but for the most part they're for fadders, not hardcores. The games that you say are for Nintendo followers are the ones for the "cores".

Yeah I want them to make a 3D Pokemon game for Nintendo Wii.

It wouldn't work that well mainly because the world would be way to small for a pokemon game if it was like the handheld games. If it was like Colosseum/XD it could work, if it had a TOS style over-world it would be amazing. But the mains series pokemon games just work way better on handheld systems because they cam make the world much bigger and every bit of equal detail, so it seems more like a real working world. Some of the charm of the pokemon games is trying to find new areas to explore. This isn't as easy in 3D games, Nintendo has done a good job of putting it in the 3D zelda games, but there weren't that many hidden areas.

It wouldn't work that well mainly because the world would be way to small for a pokemon game if it was like the handheld games. If it was like Colosseum/XD it could work, if it had a TOS style over-world it would be amazing. But the mains series pokemon games just work way better on handheld systems because they cam make the world much bigger and every bit of equal detail, so it seems more like a real working world. Some of the charm of the pokemon games is trying to find new areas to explore. This isn't as easy in 3D games, Nintendo has done a good job of putting it in the 3D zelda games, but there weren't that many hidden areas.

Na...they could always expand the fields & forests, adding features and NPCs, making the towns & cities more than a couple of buildings and amazingly interesting, and having 4 different starting areas. And as you said, hidden areas work in Zelda, then there's also Metroid. It could work quite well...

It'd never happen though, at least, not very well if they did do it. The world would end up being bland after they put their no effort in.