N-Europe

Long Lasting Games

Gaijin von Snikbah

I'm fine now, i just think there's ways of replying to a post that doesn't sound as if your totally neglecting the other persons opinion.

Saying that, i kinda feel as if my earlier post, neglected DazzyBees opinion, so i apologise about that (if his at all bothered).:smile:

I've got other things to worry about anyway.....

I actually agree with one thing HellFire stated, it's sometimes better to have a amazing short game, then a longer game which loses appeal after a while.

Nah I don't care, you're always cool on these boards I knew you were just saying what you thought, which is the whole point so thats great. And yeah a great short game is better than a dull long one; chatting with my mate about CoD 4, and I think it's genius is almost the fact it is so short - it's intense for pretty much the whole game, now if that went on longer than eventually it would dire, but at the end you're left after going through a real experience!!

Saying that, it was still painful to play on a control pad after the joy that was Metroid (thank god I did Bioshock before Metroid)

I actually agree with one thing HellFire stated, it's sometimes better to have a amazing short game, then a longer game which loses appeal after a while.

Shadow of the Colossus sums this up perfectly. Man I wanna play that game again so badly.

EDIT: Oh and I kinda know what the thread starter means. Sorta. The wii does have its long lasting games like resi. I forget how many run thrus i have done BUT its not as much as something like Dynasty Warriors or, and even better example, Devil May Cry. DMC3 and 1 were so much fun, it wasn't about completing it on new difficulties but finishing enemies off in new stylish ways. Bloody Palace brings back good memories.

MP3 is complete for me, as is Resi 4, and Zelda, once I finish it will be traded along with Super Paper Mario when thats complete, and the afore-mentioned (correctly done?), for Super Smash Bros Brawl. Upon mentioning that game though, that will probably be with me to the Wii's successor arrives.

And yeah a great short game is better than a dull long one; chatting with my mate about CoD 4, and I think it's genius is almost the fact it is so short - it's intense for pretty much the whole game, now if that went on longer than eventually it would dire, but at the end you're left after going through a real experience!!

I agree, and was thinking about it the other day. Call of Duty 4 & Luigi's Mansion were the ones that stuck out for me.

Every game on the Wii is overrated.

First of all, I doubt you've played every game on the Wii. It doesn't sound like you've played many games for it anyway, I only see you complaining that no good games come out for it. Would you care to back up your posts with a reason as to why you think the games are overrated?

I agree, and was thinking about it the other day. Call of Duty 4 & Luigi's Mansion were the ones that stuck out for me.

Loved Luigi's Mansion (and COD4 of course).

I want a Luigi's Mansion sequel on Wii, doubt it will ever happen...but that wii-mote is crying out to become a hoover nozzle or something...

ghostbusters.jpg

Who ya gonna call?

Well yes, i did think of that game, and Luigis Mansion is pretty much 'Ghostbusters' but it won't have that special Ninty feel will it?

It will bring back child-hood memories however, so i'll be buying Ghostbusters....