NEurope
Mike

Kirby Power Paintbrush

Boom bumpaddle!

Brought this off ebay and arrived today got the US version the case is so much better.

Have to say really enjoying how it uses hte touchscreen. Feels really natural am on the 4th level atm.

Two questions though firstly on the 3rd boss the one where you mimic his drawings the stylus seems to not register properly if I hold it down. I think it was becuase I was holding it at an angle anyone else have this problem? Also what are the minigames like and how do I unlock those badboys!

Anyway yeh I :heart: this game.

Had this game sitting on my shelf for the past 6 years, unfinished. Decided to run through it the other day and managed to do so in 3 hours.

Going for 100% now....it's fun

I think I got stuck on the last level, but I too have been meaning to return to it. With there being no 3DS games (trolololol) I went back to Advance Wars last night. Loving life.

I've been trying to track down a copy of this for ages. Got it imported when it came out in the US and then think I lended it to a friend and never say it, or him, again.

From what I remember though, undoubtedly the best Kirby game I'd played. Really, really good and that's mainly why I'd love to play it again.

Both Ebay and Amazon have new & sealed UK copies for sale. Nintendo must have released another wave of them as the game was very rare last year.

I played this a few year ago and thought it was ace! I saw this thread on front page and thought woo! A new ones on it's way :o but noooo! Oh well made me fancy playing it again!

Sorry if this thread is too old to bump. :blush:

I'm playing through DQ9 on the DS and while I'm enjoying it, it does feel like a bit of a time sink. So I decided I'd offer it for trade, I always fancied trying one of the DS Kirby games like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack.

Someone has offered me a Japanese copy of Canvas Curse, and I noticed a few people in this thread imported the the Japanese version. I just wondered if you miss out on much with the Japanese version, or run into any difficulty with the language, I read unlocking items becomes a bit of a lottery.

Also is the game a "keeper", as it may be tricky to trade on if I don't get on with it?

I tried it for a bit years(seriously, years) ago, and I got bored kinda quickish. I see CeX sells it for £12 though(same as DQIX), so maybe there's something good in it? How big a Kirby fan are you, and what are you looking for?

I'm not a masive Kirby fan, infact I've only played Kirby's Dream Land on the GB and Epic Yarn, (I have Amazing Mirror on my pile of shame though). But I just heard this was really good game.

I have read a few people like yourself that don't see it as anything special, and I must admit the drawing mechanic isn't something that instantly appeals to me, but the game is widely regarded as a qualilty, if not must have, title for the DS.

In terms of playtime I hear it's nothing like DQ9 but I've read it has good replay value which I like the sound of. Maybe I should have the best of both worlds so to speak and at least finish DQ9 first before swapping it, I just don't know if I want to put the time in.

Of course I might not like Kirby, but then again I used to think Pikmin didn't appeal to me until I forced myself to play it, and I love it now.

I was mostly wondering if the Japanese copy I've been offered was import friendly? I like the box art with Kirby just smiling, if I didn't like the game I could just happily look at the box, lol.

Edited by pratty