NEurope
Hellfire

Major Minor`s Majestic March!

1.jpg

From the creators of PaRappa the Rapper comes MMMM! Mmmm....

Yes, you read it right, the previously announced NanaOn-Sha and Majesco project is called Major Minor's Majestic March. Masaya Matsuura and Rodney Alan Greenblat, which were responsible for PaRappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy present us with a town where marching bands compete with each other and the mayor, Major Mike Minor stumbles upon a magic baton that makes band leaders follow its wielder.

The wii remote will obviously act as the baton, which will be used to keep the band's tempo, pick up items and recruit new members that will change the way the song plays among other things. Mess up the rhythm too bad and the band will give up on you leading to a Game Over.

The game features numerous modes of play, 8 different locations, 15 instruments (brass, woodwinds, percussion, etc...) and 30 different well known songs arranged into original medleys. During the song intermissions you can "Dazzle the crowd with your incredible baton-twirling displays".

(BRISTOL, U.K., January 31, 2008) – March to the beat of your own drum as Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, today announced Major Minor’s Majestic March for the Wii™ home video game console. Developed by NanaOn-Sha, Major Minor’s Majestic March marks the return of the creative team behind the renowned PaRappa the Rapper franchise-legendary game designer and multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Alan Greenblat.

“There’s something magical about marching bands that truly captures the imagination. The concept of leading a virtual band that’s reliant on your musicianship is a perfect fit for the interactive capabilities of Wii,” said John Merchant, Marketing Manager, Majesco Europe. “The combined musical and artistic superiority of Matsuura and Greenblat make them a natural choice to deliver this innovative title exclusively to the Wii audience.”

Major Minor’s Majestic March turns the Wii Remote™ into a “special” baton that the bandleader, Major Minor, uses to keep tempo, recruit new band members and pick up valuable items. While marching through eight whimsical locations that contain various hair-raising events, Major Minor strives to create the most impressive parade ever. Players can add up to 15 different instruments to their dynamic procession—including brass, woodwinds, and percussion—to alter its composition and resulting performance. Players are scored on how well their band maintains its rhythm and manages obstacles that could otherwise throw the procession into disarray. The band keeps tempo to more than 25 popular marching band songs from around the world, composed into original medleys for each stage.

Storyline

In a town where marching bands are prevalent and everyone is looking to be the best, Major Mike Minor is fairly ambivalent towards marches despite hailing from a long line of illustrious Drum Majors. After his parents present him with a “special” baton that magically attracts band members to fall into rhythm behind the leader, will Major Minor finally fulfill his potential and share the joy of marching with the world?

Features

Major Minor’s Majestic March marks the return of the creative team behind the renowned PaRappa the Rapper franchise-legendary game designer and multimedia musician Masaya Matsuura and famed New York artist Rodney Alan Greenblat.

Your Wii Remote is Major Minor’s “special” bandleader baton, used to keep tempo, recruit new band members and pick-up valuable items. If your rhythm is unstable confusion will result; band members will drop out and you could ultimately fail the stage.

March in 8 different whimsical locations that contain various hair-raising events. Use your best efforts to create the most impressive parade ever whilst nimbly avoiding obstacles.

Add 15 different instruments to your procession, from brass to woodwinds to percussion.

As the makeup of the band changes, so does the performance; it all depends on which members you select! Try different combinations each time you play.

Numerous modes of play.

March and keep tempo to more than 30 well-known marching band tunes from around the world, composed into original medleys for each unique stage.

Dazzle the crowd with your incredible baton-twirling displays during brief intermissions.

Screens: http://n-europe.com/screenshot.php?gid=majorminor&nr=1

I'm so excited about this I feel like playing PaRappa right now.

Bah, not my style

But still, looks like a "meh" idea

Meh? MEH?

Go whip yourself in the back!

All hail Masaya Matsuura!

Thanks to the newsies.

: peace: Glad to be of help

I don't see the "WOW" in this game.

You just lead a march, 45 bucks for that X_X

Best. Title. Ever.

I don't know if I'll like it... I need to see some gameplay videos first.

The band keeps tempo to more than 25 popular marching band songs from around the world, composed into original medleys for each stage.

25 wow!

Think I'll stick with guitar hero.

Mega_Puke_gallery.jpg

I never owned Parappa but I used to play it a lot, I really enjoyed it. :heh: I'm looking forward to this.

I don't see the "WOW" in this game.

You just lead a march, 45 bucks for that X_X

I remember you said the same about No More Heroes. :) You need to learn not to judge a book by its cover.

Wow cooky, I see lots of dumb posts on the internet but yours is off the chart.

You are dissing a game you never tried, that made by the guy that invented rythm games and always made awesome games and say 25 songs isn't a lot, which is like 5 less than GH1, and pretty much the norm for rythm games, not to mention that it hasn't anything to do with GH. Also, if you've read it, instead of going insta-idiot you'd know that the musics change depending on the band members and instruments, meaning you might listen 1 music in lots of different ways, because of the instruments they're played with.

And Maase, what you say applies to most games, you really show a narrow minded view on videogames, but you're young, so it's pretty normal, just try to have more imagination.

I have no idea if the game will be good either, but mindless trolling, specially with grade A developers is seriously stupid.

You are dissing a game you never tried, that made by the guy that invented rythm games and always made awesome games and say 25 songs isn't a lot, which is like 5 less than GH1, and pretty much the norm for rythm games, not to mention that it hasn't anything to do with GH. Also, if you've read it, instead of going insta-idiot you'd know that the musics change depending on the band members and instruments, meaning you might listen 1 music in lots of different ways, because of the instruments they're played with.

And Maase, what you say applies to most games, you really show a narrow minded view on videogames, but you're young, so it's pretty normal, just try to have more imagination.

I have no idea if the game will be good either, but mindless trolling, specially with grade A developers is seriously stupid.

Will you marry me?

lol, fair enough, my Don.

But im very imaginative (sorry if this word doesn't exist xD) and i still can't see the fun on this with Wii Music being almost here X_X

lol, fair enough, my Don.

But im very imaginative (sorry if this word doesn't exist xD) and i still can't see the fun on this with Wii Music being almost here X_X

Imaginative is the right word. :D But you aren't very imaginative. You did this with No More Heroes, I expect you to change your tune nearer release.

Dear Mr Don Hellfire

May I have your babies?

Your's Sincerly,

Triforcemario.

:bowdown:

Sim senhor. Bem dito.

Taken straight outta Goron_3's mouth:

I like you. You have what some people lack; a brain.

*No offense intended

Majors minorly majestic march more like it.

Jokes aside, I want in game footage before I make another comment.

So far it seems to be a very boogie-ish game to fit in among the minigame-genre. Which is something I personally am very tired of.

Oh well, as long it's truly an exclusive Wii-game (and not a port of some crappy PS2 game), I'll be happy, albeit not happy enough to buy it.

"30 well-known marching band tunes"

30 well known? The only ones I know are... let's say:

Tapto (or Tatoo which some call it), Rule Brittania and the Soviet Navy -Hymn... Wonder how this will turn our.

Will you marry me?

Dear Mr Don Hellfire

May I have your babies?

Your's Sincerly,

Triforcemario.

:bowdown:

Sim senhor. Bem dito.

Thank you all I am flattered ^^

I had to quote it, it's not everyday I'm praised, I'm usually insulted lol

Já que o Jonnas pode falar Portugues, tambem eu o faço

Tellyn: Ok, ok... I give up, you win :'(

I had a look at the drawings on the news page and also read the article and the game just didn't grab me. It's an interesting concept for a game but just doesn't float my boat at the moment. Maybe further down the line I'll be more interested in the game but it's not my cup of tea right now.

I make one humourous comment and get roasted for it and yet once the complete roster of Super Smash Brothers goes up half the forum starts moaning jeez!

As for having a narrow minded view on videogames I've been a gamer since before you were an itch in your daddies y fronts! so give this old timer a break!:heh:

I had a look at the drawings on the news page and also read the article and the game just didn't grab me. It's an interesting concept for a game but just doesn't float my boat at the moment. Maybe further down the line I'll be more interested in the game but it's not my cup of tea right now.

I make one humourous comment and get roasted for it and yet once the complete roster of Super Smash Brothers goes up half the forum starts moaning jeez!

As for having a narrow minded view on videogames I've been a gamer since before you were an itch in your daddies y fronts! so give this old timer a break!:heh:

The young and the narrow minded bit was referring to Maase. :heh:

The young and the narrow minded bit was referring to Maase. :heh:

Whoopsie! just noticed that.

I apparently just make dumb posts lol

I'm sorry but I'm entitled to my view - right now the game doesn't appeal to me. Can't believe I got roasted for airing my opinion.

Seems to me from the drawings that they are going for a PaRappa-esque look to the game. I'll reserve any further views until further down the games development as my comments are apparently off the chart! :heh:

I tell'em like I see them old man ;)

Hey less of the old! lol

You can find the game not appealing all you want, but you have to admit your post was just a troll. Anyway, doesn't matter :P

This should be good, in a way it seems to be a expanded Parappa, even because it's the first time Rodney Alan is working in a game since Parappa 2 in 2001; it's the perfect scenario for a pseudo-sequel, methinks.

I hope for the consequences of this title selling good though. Since above all I'd hope he did a new Vib Ribbon for Wii afterwards, hell he can make it for Wiiware and do it for PSN and XBLA as well while he's at it, but I want my share. :yay: