NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Sam and Max: Season One

They could make something in the style of the Wii, like a collection of Minigames or something (im becoming Blender :D)

If this keeps going on, Nintendo will have to make an ultra goory squadbased über realistic GTA-clone where you play a communist nazi hitman suicidebomber rapist, and has so much depth that the guys who play e-sports of any kind will need a decade to learn the game well enough to get through the first level (and there shoudl be at least 120 levels in the game). All that, just to save themselves from the kiddy-casual stamp.

If this keeps going on, Nintendo will have to make an ultra goory squadbased über realistic GTA-clone where you play a communist nazi hitman suicidebomber rapist, and has so much depth that the guys who play e-sports of any kind will need a decade to learn the game well enough to get through the first level (and there shoudl be at least 120 levels in the game). All that, just to save themselves from the kiddy-casual stamp.

What? :wtf:

Are you calling Sam and Max kiddy?

... How do you guys say?

GTFO

Can't wait for this. Wii is finally starting to get a decent library of games now IMO.

I've just finished off Ice Station Santa from Season 2, now I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this. :D I made a thread in the bargain board, but in case you haven't seen it, you can get Episode 4 of Season 1 free from Steam, and Episode 1 of Season 2 for free by signing up to the Telltale newsletter (http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale/subscriptions/).

It's the full episodes, so you could treat it as a demo if you're unsure about this.

IGN have reviewed Sam & Max. Its a short review, the jist of it being that the game is basically only gonna be wanted and appreciated by anyone who is a fan of point and click. They scored it 7.1.

Closing Comments

Those of us that crave these types of games can probably look past the jokes that are trying too hard and the framerate to just soak up some classic pointing and clicking. Telltale is one of very few developers making these games anymore and they do it very well. When the Wii console and controller were first unveiled many of us thought they might cause a revival of graphic adventures. The slow pace of these games isn't for everyone, but if you're a fan you'll probably get your fix with Sam & Max: Season One. Each episode will last you a few hours, so with around 20-25 hours of gameplay here for $30 this is a pretty good deal for those of us who have the patience for these games.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/924/924194p1.html

Played the rest of the episodes of Season 1 a while back.

It's nice, although not very earth-shattering. The episodic system means the puzzles are slightly easier, but the humour is still good. Episode 5 is still my favourite (and I managed to guess the twist at the end earlier than expected)

I started playing this last night and managed to beat the 1st episode. I have mixed feelings about the game though.

For a start it lacks some serious polish which is strange given the time it took to port it over. Alot of the time the game just doesnt run smooth at all, especially in the driving sections where alot of slowdown seems to happen.

This maybe me being out of touch with playing the good old point and clink games but this one seems pretty hard. When playing it I was comparing it to Zack and Wiki and while Zack held your hand in the 1st few levels to get you used to how the game plays out this kinda makes you jump into the deep end.

I will give respect to the writing/humour in this game as it is fantastic. There have been many lines dished out so far where I was LOLing. Its also great that you can save it anywhere just like the old skool point and click games. I was getting frustrated a few times so I just saved it and then came back to it later with a clear head.

Now if only Lucasarts would get their fingers out and gives us a Monkey Island compilation!

im just getting stuck into tunguska at the mo. will get this soon after. as any one tried that other point and click. agatha christies and then there were none??

Is this out then? Didn't see it last friday.. And the releaseschedule on the Nintendo site is useless (if this has been released that is).

im just getting stuck into tunguska at the mo. will get this soon after. as any one tried that other point and click. agatha christies and then there were none??

Secret Files: Tunguska is one that I've been meaning to pick up for a while now. There is a short thread for it, so feel free to give it a bump with some impressions, bryn. :hehe: As for other point and click games, as far as I know there is only the Agatha Christie one as well as Sam & Max. There's a new Secret Files game in the works though.

I've been looking around and apparently this game isn't being sold in Ireland. I guess I'll have to buy it online?

I've been looking around and apparently this game isn't being sold in Ireland. I guess I'll have to buy it online?

Yeah have a gander online. Sam & Max is on sale here in Northern Ireland cos I was looking at it yesterday morning in Game.

Ive just finished Episode 2 now and I dont know whether Im getting used to Telltales twisted way of thinking or if im more alert but this episode seemed easier. I did however get stuck at one point...

[spoiler=]It took me ages to figure out how to get rid of Whizzer from the judges panel. I thought I was making the cake wrong and kept trying different ingredients but I still couldnt make him ill. I eventually went back to Boscos just to see if I was missing anything and then I noticed the tomato ketchup. Bingo!

Thats why I love these types of game, you get a great sense of satisifaction when you figure out a puzzle.

Ive just finished Episode 2 now and I dont know whether Im getting used to Telltales twisted way of thinking or if im more alert but this episode seemed easier. I did however get stuck at one point...

[spoiler=]It took me ages to figure out how to get rid of Whizzer from the judges panel. I thought I was making the cake wrong and kept trying different ingredients but I still couldnt make him ill. I eventually went back to Boscos just to see if I was missing anything and then I noticed the tomato ketchup. Bingo!

Thats why I love these types of game, you get a great sense of satisifaction when you figure out a puzzle.

Ahahahahah, i remember that scene.

I, being a huge Sam and Max fan, already completed the entire Season 1 (Still completing Season 2), that was the only puzzle in which i actually needed a Walkthrough.

Damnit, that was impossible xD

But, at least to me, every other puzzle is very easy, compared with that

I managed to finish the 3rd and 4th episodes today, I was in the zone as both of them caused me very little trouble as I blitzed through them.

I did enjoy...

The scene where Sam shot Max with the cap gun and he kept going on and on as he was dying.

Also...

I was laughing my back off when you finally open the War Room door and then all the secret agents appeared to act out a musical number. Genuis!

I did think episode 4 dragged on a little too much but it was still very enjoyable. Four episodes down and two to go....

Hero, can you sum Sam & Max up for me in one of the following three ways: buy it now, get it for Christmas, or (the notorious) wait til its down in price?

Hero, can you sum Sam & Max up for me in one of the following three ways: buy it now, get it for Christmas, or (the notorious) wait til its down in price?

It depends if you like the point & click genre. If you do then I would snap the game up straight away, its £25 on GAME/gameplay websites. If you are looking for something to fill out your Christmas list then again I would recommend this. If you dont really have room on your Christmas list and you arent that fond of the genre then wait til it goes down in price.

I bought it straight away as I love point and click games and I heard the game was hilarious, which it is :)

All done!

I just finished the last 2 episode today. I didnt really care much for the final episode but I loved the 2nd off last one. It was great seeing the Mario reference in it and I enjoyed the last part of the level where it went into an old skool text adventure.

Bring on season 2!

Sign in to follow this