N-Europe

GPU FOr £200

AshMat

Simple, ASH DO YOU TRUST ME.

If you do get this.

But why that one Caris? simple Ash.

A. It's on offer, so it's a nice price.

B. BFG are a amazing make, it has a lifetime warrenty and BFG customer support are top.

C. It's overclocked so it's faster than pretty much all the other 8800GT's out there. It's also the OC2 so it's really been Overclocked.

Wow thanks Caris you really helped me out! No problem Ash.

/Thread.

Cheaper at Scan when not on offer, and it's in they're "Today Only" today (it will be most weekends/bank holidays)

Personally i'd want a dual slot model, but with ATi not bothering to compete with the 8800GT and the GTS being over £200 you don't really have that option. The GT ain't that bad anyway, it's just noisy and hot

For 200 quid you could probably also get a dual Radeon 3850 setup. Should beat the 8800GT by a reasonable amount, and should give a more quiet PC if you pick the silent editions. The Radeon 3850 with 512 MB performs only ~25% worse than an 8800GT so two cards should kick some serious ass, especially on high resolutions, and especialliest if you like AA and AF. Dunno about the prices in the UK, but a single 3850-512 passively cooled costs around 100 quid here, so double that and you're good. Also, you could get fan cooled chips for cheeps and then overclock them by more than 10%, as the chips are basically underclocked Radeon 3870s. That, and you have DirectX 10.1 support for what it's worth (probably nothing). If you feel outperformed in a few months, you can just pick up another ATI card and add it to the setup if you have the slots to spare.

I have a single Radeon 3850-256 in my posession (well, not really) at the moment, and it runs CoD 4 in 1440x900, with all settings on maximum and 2x AA and 2x AF extremely fluently on a not so state-of-the art (AMD 5200+, 1 GB) PC. I'd say that's some really good performance there.

I have done, it's coming tommorow. Can't wait.

Unfortunately the OC2 was no longer in stock, so i settled for the OC (for what basically, is the OC1).

At £25 cheaper and the possibility of OCing it to the OC2 specs at some point if i really want, it's not a bad choice.

I, LOVE, this card!