NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fresh

TV Time.

OK situation;

I would like to hook up my PC (atm DVI but could use VGA), X-Box 360 (atm VGA but could use the standard componant cable, old 360 no HDMI) and Wii (Has RGB and composite but would buy componant if needed) all to the same HDTV. 26 inchish would be brilliant!

Sidenote : I'm an idiot when looking at HDTVs. Cheers!

Most HDTVs would come with all the ports for that anyway, surely? My TV was cheap and basic, it has a PC in port (just your regular monitor cable), 2 scart ports, RGB, composite and component in and 2 HDMI ports. I have my 360, wii and DVD player plugged in (granted I'm using HDMI because I have an elite, and component for Wii, but I could anyway) and have hooked up my PC to it in the past - it's fairly standard to get all that.

Now, check out this site because my parents just got a TV from here and the service is great and the prices too

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/32-39_Inch_LCD_TVs/prod.asp

There's 32 inch TVs there from £289!

edit: ah is that the same one that thirtynine. posted? but it's a little cheaper because with ebuyer you have to notice the "inc. VAT" price :heh:

Both great and what I'm looking for but a bit large for me uni room.

Looking for something like this but 24-26 inch.

A budget would help brilliantly, theres a huge gap from the bottom end of the scale to the top end.

Sony 26T3000

Panasonic LMD70

Samsung 26R87 (or R88, both are the same)

You can easily get good 32" sets for under £500 too.

Shop off the net if possible, the price gap is huge! Try stores like DirectTVs, DigiUK, RGB Direct, Richer Sounds and Sound And Vision are all really good!

I've had a look aorund and seen how big of a tv I can sensibly fit in my uni room. I've decided on the following:

Samsung LE23R87BDX from here.

Wii via Component by this.

Xbox via VGA by this.

PC via DVI to HDMI via this.

I would then use my current speakers/sub for my PC.

What I would like is for someone who knows more about this stuff than I to check it over for me and make sure everything should be fine. Just cheak that I have got all the connections fine and maybe tell me more about any DVI to HDMI issues (if there are any). Cheers!

Sign in to follow this