NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Bad_Pool_Caller ??

I've had the Blue Screen three times today with this error.

I've tried Google'ing it to see what the crack is, but it just confused me with multiple ideas. Can anyone give me a solution?

The blue screen of death! Didn't know that even existed anymore. I thought it was a legend, like the Loch Ness Monster!

Can you describe exactly what you were doing when the system crashed and made your eyes all blue-y?

Sounds like either a bad driver or hardware, install anything recently?

The only thing I remember installing was the USB drivers for the Nintendo Wi-fi dongle.

The blue screen of death! Didn't know that even existed anymore. I thought it was a legend, like the Loch Ness Monster!

Can you describe exactly what you were doing when the system crashed and made your eyes all blue-y?

One time I was clicking a link to get onto a friends Facebook page. Third time it was just playing music [i was reading a book] Can't remember the second time, same thing I imagine.

Start up the computer in safe mode and leave it until you're sure that a blue screen aint happening. If theres a blue screen one of your components has been damaged, if there's no blue screen then one of your drivers is bad, quite possibly the USB dongle.

The only thing I remember installing was the USB drivers for the Nintendo Wi-fi dongle.

One time I was clicking a link to get onto a friends Facebook page. Third time it was just playing music [i was reading a book] Can't remember the second time, same thing I imagine.

What book were you reading? That could be your problem.

What book were you reading? That could be your problem.

Well I've finished that book and moved onto another, and I then got a blue screen saying "Irql not less or equal" or something like that.

I'm being told it might be a graphics card thing, so it looks like I may have to get a new one, any recommendations?

Try un-installing the USB dongle thing. That could be what has caused the trouble as it may not be compatible with your PC/mac.

If not, try a hardware diagnostics tool to find what is causing the BSOD for you. Worked for me.

Oh dear, I had errors like this for ages and never really tracked the problem down.

You should format your machine, if you get it again, take out parts from you machine untill you just have the base left. And slowly build it back up.

Also, theres not just BSOD's these days. You can also get RSOD's for extreme problems. However, i've never seen one... hell i've never seen a BSOD in Windows since XP SP2.