Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wiresless and Nintendo

Nintenchris

Yes I guess you could, but I dunno if that makes for worse connections (USB based) plus I don't think it's out yet? There's probably other advantages of a wireless router, plus you don't just have to use it for the DS.

As far as I can see that's fine, might want to wait for someone who knows better what they're talking about to confirm it though. I've never used a wireless router.

You could just buy the Nintendo WiFi m'bob....Unless of course you're trying to link to a laptop or something.

Yeah, but for the Nintendo stick you need to have a PC turned on, pay waay too much (€35 come on) and you have to stick with a crappy 802.11b (11 Mbps) connection that won't be enough for heavy Revolution games.

Guest Offerman
Cheers for your help Shorty.. i will get a second opinion before i go buying anything... where is Sir Offerman when you need him?

Forgive me Sir, I was at work. But yea everything seems to be in order. Bear in mind though I can't see how some routers will fail to work with the DS. I mean all routers should work with 802.1g and b products, and the DS should be 802.1b backwards compatible.

Oh well Sir.

(11 Mbps) connection that won't be enough for heavy Revolution games.

Of course it's enough, considering ping is a lot more important than pure bandwidth. 512k would probably be more than adequate in most cases. Not many connections would take advantage of 11Mbps.