NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DanielTimothy

Media Studies Film

Firstly, this probably could have went in the creative board, but it relates to the homework thread and I'm interested in what other people decided to make for a Media or Film project.

I'm currently in the middle of AS Media studies coursework and I'm making a short film. In my pre production I planned to make a Ninja Turtles/Power Rangers styled film, I even included research about the shows! :laughing: It's just now, I'm finding hard to begin actually recording something like this. My costumes are really awesome, it's just I'm worried It'll look like a bunch of idiot teenage lads running around with cheep looking imovie effects thrown in. Although I do want the film to be cheesy as a homage to the power rangers, I don't want it to look stupid and getting your mates to try and do some convincing acting is very tough.

So, if you have any tips about filming, ideas for the plot or anything from your own experiences that could help me please share! :)

If you want to do a homage but are worried about seeming more lame/parodic I'd personally say litter it with Power Ranger references, from names to shots to anything you can think of.

If I recall correctly did they not just use the Japanese original and get American actors to do the civvy scenes. Couldn't you do that, in a slightly OTT way make it clear that they are (supposed to be) from two different places.

Well when they're fighting they always appear in a location about 500 miles in the middle of nowhere. And barely hit eat other, mainly flipping about.

This should be a prime example:

Tis a bit quiet, so might have to crank up le volumé

Sign in to follow this