NEurope
ReZourceman

Going Rate For Simple Website Design?

Whats the going rate to commission an amateur/up and comingy/whatever person to build a very simple website for one?

Purely curious, thanks guys.

I suppose it depends how simple and how much content you want within. A friend of mine used to freelance doing simple sites for local independant shops and I seem to recall her charging a couple of hundred pounds for each.

If you're going to make a template, eg one or two pages and just send the psd, without really tailoring to their needs - basically a design that could fit anything and only took you an hour, and you're not going to help code etc etc, £10-50?

If you work with a decent company and tailor the design to their needs and it's professional, well I got £450 for my last one, and I probably could've asked for more.

Remember, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

I'd say it depends on how good you are at making good looking sites. Most businesses won't trust young people, especially with little experience. And if you're just using a template, I doubt you'll get very much at all.

However, if you make good sites which you make from scratch - £100 to begin with. If people are satisfied and you can get a good portfolio up then you can probably charge more and more.

(To clarify, Im the commissioner, Lol) I attempted to learn how to build sites but I found it rather hard! :)

If you're going to make a template, eg one or two pages and just send the psd, without really tailoring to their needs - basically a design that could fit anything and only took you an hour, and you're not going to help code etc etc, £10-50?

If you work with a decent company and tailor the design to their needs and it's professional, well I got £450 for my last one, and I probably could've asked for more.

Remember, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Why would you make a website using photoshop or did you mean to say .dwt (dreamweaver template)

I could do something simple for free or very cheap if you want.

Why would you make a website using photoshop or did you mean to say .dwt (dreamweaver template)

I could do something simple for free or very cheap if you want.

Because graphics sell websites, not javascript tables.

Yes but you wouldn't actually make the website in photoshop. Just the graphics.

Ill bear that in mind Emasher, myself and my business partner (Tellyn, Lol) are discussing something, and Ill get back to you soon.

Cheers.

Yes but you wouldn't actually make the website in photoshop. Just the graphics.

When I say template I mean like this: http://www.templatemonster.com/

I'm not talking about coding here. You make a flat PNG like one of the ones on that site you can find someone in India to splice it and code it for you for about $10.

This may sound noobish but is it possible to import a .psd file into dreamweaver that has slices and keep the slices so you don't have to save each slice as a separate image.