N-Europe

GarageBand

Daft

I was wondering if anyone on the forums used GarageBand. I've recently started mucking around on it but there were a few things I wanted to ask.

How can you get shorter note values? (I'm not really sure if that is the correct term)

Also when you try and cut something, the section you edit, you can't seem to cut it exactly where you want as the slider thing seems to click into a full segment, is there any way to change this?

I hope that makes sense because its a bit tricky to explain!

4.0.1 is the latest version (iLife 08), you have the iLife 06 version.

Sorry Takeo, but what does it matter? Did that help anyone?

I doi'nt use it often, but I'm sure it should be in there somewhere. I thi!nk Garaband is more for taping music than writing it - so maybe you can't do it.

Sorry Takeo, but what does it matter? Did that help anyone?

It's helpful to know what version of a piece of software you have when you go online on message boards and the like trying to see if there's a solution to your problem. So yes, it did help, just not this problem directly.

you can use garageband to create audio podcasts, rigt? does anyone know if you can make video-pod-casts with it too?

GarageBand is audio only, iMovie is for video, in particular iMovie 08 allows you to taylor the export of your movie to iPod size i think.

you can use garageband to create audio podcasts, rigt? does anyone know if you can make video-pod-casts with it too?

You can do that with PhotoBooth if you want too, and I think Apple even included a podcast application. Jup, it's called 'Podcast Recording' and it's a utility.

And Takeo - it doesn't make that much of a difference. Using 06 or 08 isn't that different for Garageband, though I must say that iMovie 08 really rocked my world there.

EDIT: Changing that bloody h that Emasher is missing o-so-much to understand what the hell I'm saying, even though he already knew what I meant without the h.

in my video productions class at school we use iMovie, unfortunately the teacher purchased 5 new iMacs just before the aluminum ones came out with iLife 08.

The oldest iMac in the room is one of the old ones with the hemisphere base and I think is running OSX 10.0, defiantly has iMovie 1.

I doi'nt use it often, but I'm sure it should be in there somewhere. I thi!nk Garaband is more for taping music than writing it - so maybe you can't do it.

I just want to get a sample from a song but I can't cut it exactly where I want because of the slider auto adjust thingy.

Try holding down the control key while dragging the slider (after you have clicked). Editing songs other people have made is illegal.

You can do that with PhotoBoot if yo want too, and I think Apple even included a podcast application. Jup, it's called 'Podcast Recording' and it's a utility.

And Takeo - it doesn't make that much of a difference. Using 06 or 08 isn't that different for Garageband, though I must say that iMovie 08 really rocked my world there.

Podcast recorder only works if you have a server running leopard server.

Try holding down the control key while dragging the slider (after you have clicked). Editing songs other people have made is illegal.

Cool, I'll try it out. Don't worry, its just for personal use...I don't think thats illegal...:confused:

edit: nope, doesn't seem to work.

Podcast recorder only works if you have a server running leopard server.

Ah yes, apparantly it is. Well you can still use Photo Booth to make podcasts, so that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Changing that bloody h that Emasher is missing o-so-much to understand what the hell I'm saying, even though he already knew what I meant without the h.

Yes, since it's an actual argument. It's more of a I-dont-know-what-to-say-so-lets-piss-off-jasper argument than it is about taping a podcast with photo booth.

I really like Photo Booth, but what the hell is it doing on my iBook without a camera? Really odd, and it crashes once you try to load it, so it's pretty useless.

No idea how to actually make music properly. / I do, but half the buttons mean nothing to me.

I mainly use it to slice up songs. Like if albums have hidden tracks that are connected to the final song on the album, i'll slice it into 2 parts.

Jasper, chill.

Don't jump down everyones throat every 5 mins, your just a) making a fool of yourself and b) constantly causing arguments in every apple related thread, no wonder people think mac users are irritating over-defensive nit-picky geeks.

Yes, since it's an actual argument. It's more of a I-dont-know-what-to-say-so-lets-piss-off-jasper argument than it is about taping a podcast with photo booth.

I really like Photo Booth, but what the hell is it doing on my iBook without a camera? Really odd, and it crashes once you try to load it, so it's pretty useless.

Doesn't crash for me. I wasn't trying to cause an argument. Stop acting like motion.

Jasper, chill.

Don't jump down everyones throat every 5 mins, your just a) making a fool of yourself and b) constantly causing arguments in every apple related thread, no wonder people think mac users are irritating over-defensive nit-picky geeks.

So now I'm nitpicky? First you start asking the version number, wich doesn't help at all and even after asking you can't answer his question (so that was pretty pointless) and then Emasher comments on a typo (that's nitpicky!) in a post that was related to a question by someone.

You guys really are the stereotype Aple-freaks, wanting to know every little detail is right, but not knowing how it works.

So now I'm nitpicky? First you start asking the version number, wich doesn't help at all and even after asking you can't answer his question (so that was pretty pointless) and then Emasher comments on a typo (that's nitpicky!) in a post that was related to a question by someone.

You guys really are the stereotype Aple-freaks, wanting to know every little detail is right, but not knowing how it works.

But at least we don't make as many typos as you :heh:

Thank you and goodnight!