NEurope
Slaggis

Animal Testing (Ethical debate)

That's the most shockingly wrong thing you've ever said. Of course they have emotions, Animals feel all the emotions that we do.

How are you defining animal when you say that?

That's the most shockingly wrong thing you've ever said. Of course they have emotions, Animals feel all the emotions that we do.

Ah, they have feelings, not rational emotions. =D Emotions are the result of the rationalization of feelings. :yay:

It's an opinion, it's not WRONG. Yes animals can think and feel and it's terrible that they might end up being killed or hurt, but until the EU/UN etc. change their laws, we can't test on humans. I'm all for testing this stuff on rapists and murderers, but the fact is it's not going to happen because it's a breach of their human rights. If the human race is to progress then we need to test things on animals, otherwise we may come to a medical standstill and diseases that could be curable with the help of animal testing will kill us.

I'm not an emotionless little shit, I just think that animal testing (for the purpose of science) is acceptible.

Yes but the question is why is it so important that humans are cured at the expense of animals dying? Bear in mind that as a scientist I know, far far more animals are killed than humans saved each year through direct action of drugs that were tested on animals for humans (this year). The payoff doesn't cut it.

Mikey sounds like an arrogant ****, the kind that you'd sock in real life if you saw him. He has gone one step further than simply stating his agreement of testing for human benefits, by actually ripping into animals and acting superior. Those kind of people are scum and deserve no right to live.

Animals being tested on is completely wrong. Micro-organisms for the most part can be used for a wide varitety of stuff, and honestly it just isn't right to claim that you can allow one life to live at the expense of 200 mice. I mean, I hear in experiments how they do things such as experimentally ablate mice Bone Marrow and re-engraft with human stem cells - many mice don't live and simply are starved to death of blood. Then let's not get started on mice that have tumours actually injected into them to determine signalling pathways. Original Poster in this topic was shown a load of BS on that video; in actual fact animal testing is far worse.

In truth, there is no justification for saving humans while killing animals. People quite honestly couldn't care about saving each other as they don't know each other, yet suddenly everyone expects someone else to cure them. Sad state of affairs.