NEurope
Guest Stefkov

Guitar Hero 3

It's taking me some time to get used to the new guitar, it's much less comfortable than the first. You could say it's putting me off a bit, although I still pwn. :grin:

Lou on hard is becoming very annoying..... The last 3 games i played his first two attacks hace always and i mean always been double notes or difficulity up.

Im so stuck on Raining blood on hard >.<

thats because its just fuckin noise and a piece of shit song

thats because its just fuckin noise and a piece of shit song

And an epic map.

I got this on friday on a whim, and have been playing it non stop which is weird because usually I hate rock music, but this game is awesome and I have taken a liking to some of the songs! Just out of curiosity is it actually similar in anyway to playing a real guitar? Or is it like how DDR is actually nothing like dancing?

Just out of curiosity is it actually similar in anyway to playing a real guitar? Or is it like how DDR is actually nothing like dancing?

The best way too find that out is looking for the fret buttons on a regular guitar :wink:

The best way too find that out is looking for the fret buttons on a regular guitar :wink:

Lol good point :heh: But i mean aren't they like tabs or something? My brother plays you see, hence my hatred for most of this music.

Lol good point :heh: But i mean aren't they like tabs or something? My brother plays you see, hence my hatred for most of this music.

Yeah they are supposed to be tabs. I would think it as it looks like your playing a guitar but you aren´t :Þ

Too me one of the most important things to remember while playing the game is remembering that your not playing a guitar. I have seen some people phail drastically because of this :Þ

Wooo! I beat Lou on Expert.

I was trying it last night, 'bout 2am - 3am, couldn't do it. Even got the "Fail a song 10 times" achievement.

Got up today, tried again, pwned him into the ground! :awesome:

But how did you do Raining Blood on expert? :(

By using my awesome skills, I pwned it like a farmer!

Actually, I was just a bit lucky. I got enough Star Power and was able to get through the impossible bits. Quite good considering it was 2am in the morning, when everyone is shite at videogames.

Not bad. I just can't do Mosh 1, I only get about 3 quarters of the way in before failing, even with star power. It's annoying, as it's the only song I have left to complete (other than Lou, but I love battle mode so I don't think he'll be a problem :P)

Not bad. I just can't do Mosh 1, I only get about 3 quarters of the way in before failing, even with star power. It's annoying, as it's the only song I have left to complete (other than Lou, but I love battle mode so I don't think he'll be a problem :P)

Do you turn SP on as soon as you enter? If so, don't. Try doing it a bit later. If you enter it in green, wait until you fall into yellow and are closer to red. Then rock out with yer cock out!

Good idea - I actually get somewhat close to achieving the SP section during Mosh 1 (the first few sets of 4) but never seem to make it completely. I should probably use a conservational SP usage method for that bit..

Well don't worry, there's practically NO chance you'll catch me playing a guitar. Thanks for the heads up anyway. And it does look like you're playing guitar...

Dyson. You, my friend, are RUBBISH! :grin:

I seem to be the only one who has beaten F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. on Expert.

Does that basically mean I'm the only one who isn't naff? :blank:

working my way through at mo done most on medium and 100% on easy

only one ive had probs with so far is the slayer song on medium couldnt crack the one part bout 3 quarters of the way through. still not that good at hammer ons/pull offs

do love that "Holiday in Cambodia" by Dead Kennedys

Dyson. You, my friend, are RUBBISH! :grin:

I seem to be the only one who has beaten F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. on Expert.

Does that basically mean I'm the only one who isn't naff? :blank:

Fuck you :D

Hey, 99% is decent enough. I'll pass it tomorrow, trust me.

Fuck you :D

Hey, 99% is decent enough. I'll pass it tomorrow, trust me.

I believe in you...NOT!

Cliffs of Dover: Awesome song. :bowdown:

Cliffs of Dover is awesome winnage!

By the way, got 92% complete on Raining Blood, for some reason I'm having problems with Flood. Ah well, I can do Mosh 1 without Star Power! :D

My scores aren't uploading to gh.com anymore because I used a 48hr Free Trial to connect it. It won't update until I get a Gold Membership in the new year.

But you mark my words: When it does update, I will have over 5,000 groupies. And I'll be in the Hall of Fame at Digital Gold. :awesome:

What's the difficulty like compared to GH2?

It's probably harder. There are some new 3 finger chords about, but they don't appear very often.

And I say 'probably harder' because I can't see any difference apart from the aforementioned '3 finger chords'. ::shrug: