NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Help! My Vision:M is broken!

I'll try and describe this the best I can:

Last night I left my Vision M playing some music as I went to sleep. When I woke up this morning, it wouldn't turn on. I assumed that the battery went flat, but after charging it all day it's still the same. When I go to turn on the player, the blue power light comes on momentarily, and then turns off. The player just doesn't boot. When I connect to the PC, it flashes on and off, as if it's trying to turn on and failing, and retrying over and over. I thought the reset button was held down, but I tested it and it seems to click in nice enough so I don't think it's that.

When I checked the website the advice was to change the firmware, but since I can't even get it turned on or connected to the PC that wasn't happening. I emailed them, and got a crappy reply telling me to go to the "Emergency Screen" which I access by holding down Power and Reset together. What they forget is that the reason I bloody emailed them is because it wouldn't turn on.

Other than that they are telling me its gonna be £100 odd to get it refurbished and I'll be damned if I'm paying them that. I've had it less than a bloody year.

Anybody got anything that might help? I know at least a couple of people on here have a Vision:M so have any of you guys had any problems like this?

Not that this is direct help, im pretty sure if its less than a year old they HAVE to fix it for free, but i could be wrong.

Does your player come with a physical off switch, that might do the job of resetting it. If not you might have to open it up and then disconnect then reconnect the battery. Also heat could possibly caused your battery to finally pack up in which case you might need to replace it. Since its out of warranty can't hurt to try and fix it yourself. Could it also be down to a possible system error?

Nope, screen is fine. And I'm kinda reluctant to open the thing up myself.

Update: I noticed when I was trying to turn it on the light flash would only happen 5 times, and then stop. Dunno if that means anything, if it's a sort of error code like the 360 has the with different combinations of red lights.

Does your player come with a physical off switch, that might do the job of resetting it. If not you might have to open it up and then disconnect then reconnect the battery. Also heat could possibly caused your battery to finally pack up in which case you might need to replace it. Since its out of warranty can't hurt to try and fix it yourself. Could it also be down to a possible system error?

If it was the battery being 100% dead then when he plugged it in to charge he would be able to use it. Have you called them?

creative are probably the most useless people ever so i wouldn't bother.

did you charge it from the mains or usb? sometimes mind doesn't charge from the USB when it's totally flat.

Not to worry. I opened it up this afternoon, took the battery out and put it back in, and it seems to work now.

This is a bit weird, my girlfriend and my Mum both have Creative mp3 players, one is a Vision something and the other a Zen Stone, and yesterday I had to talk to both of them about how to sort them out because they had frozen up. My g/f's seems screwed and needs to be returned, but my Mum's just needed a poke in the reset button. Maybe all creative mp3 players will die over the next few days as a marketing scam to make you buy new ones.

Sign in to follow this