NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Whats up with the Japanese Gamers?

Mario's fall from the charts is depressing, as was Zelda's. But Zelda still sold over 5 million copies, and I'm expecting long term sales of Mario to be high.

Nice to see the DS kicking arse again though. Has anyone got hardware figures?

Yeah, Caris posted them over in the PS3 Topic in the Other Consoles Board.

I reckon Mario will go back up with the release of Wii Fit, not that it really matters.

Galaxy was always Nintendo way of winning America (and to a lesser extent, Europe) this Christmas, and the sales thus far show that. It's already broken the 1 million barrier in the USA (or is very very close too) and will no doubt keep selling with Christmas just a month away.

3d Mario have never sold amazing in Japan (I think Sunshine got to about 1.2 million lifetime), and I guess Nintendo were aware of this seeing as they put Wii Fit in the position to be the big Christmas game over there. Galaxy's American sales are incredible enough to make that game a success, and no doubt it's going to sell well for years to come.

Nintendo DS Lite - 116,694

PSP - 75,027

Wii - 54,362

PlayStation 3 - 50,564

PlayStation 2 - 14,875

Xbox 360 - 7,117

Media Create Weekly Sales

From kotaku.com

Wii overtaking PS3? OMFGZOR!@$^+! Someone create a new topic about this unexpected turn of events!

Dunno where Caris' source got his, but Kotaku's source (MediaCrate) says otherwise: http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Nintendo DS Lite - 116,694

PSP - 75,027

Wii - 54,362

PlayStation 3 - 50,564

PlayStation 2 - 14,875

Xbox 360 - 7,117

Media Create Weekly Sales

From kotaku.com

Wii overtaking PS3? OMFGZOR!@$^+! Someone create a new topic about this unexpected turn of events!

Dunno where Caris' source got his, but Kotaku's source (MediaCrate) says otherwise: http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

OMFGZ!!! What is this the return of the Wii? I find it odd with these boards, it's N-Europe and all, but we've seen more rejoicing on here when the PS3 over took the Wii than we have over the Wii selling 650,000 units in two weeks in the states!

OMFGZ!!! What is this the return of the Wii? I find it odd with these boards, it's N-Europe and all, but we've seen more rejoicing on here when the PS3 over took the Wii than we have over the Wii selling 650,000 units in two weeks in the states!

I've always found it odd. We have a biased forum. But biased AWAY from Nintendo.

Then, whenever anyone says anything positive about the Big N, they get shot down. By a firing squad. With big bullets. And Sharp Sticks. And Knives. You get it.