NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Retro Gamer (the mag)

I bought this for the first time the other day as it was recommended to me (by forumite / nando /) due to the Donkey Kong content in it. I've browsed through it many a time without actually buying but this month I took the plunge and used a fiver on it. There is some good Donkey Kong and DKC info in it... but mistakes too. :hmm:

On the whole its a good mag, I'd buy it more often if it wasn't so dear. I even learned of a game in it that I wanna see on the VC- some old NeoGeo effort, a shooter that reminds me of the legendary Pop n Twinbee.

Anyone else buy this mag or does no one else live in the past...?

well....I don't like talking about old games as much as i like playing them..

They go far MORE into the retro side than i ever would though.. i like the sega,atari and nintendo classics but i woulnt be gone on the stranger consoles like bbc micro.

My dad's been getting it since issue 1, it's how my name used to be retro-lover.

Great mag.

Aye, well I imagine we'd all rather play games, be they retro or not, instead of talking about em, McJ Metroid! But seeing as you're visiting the forum you may as well try and discuss em too when you're here! :heh: I see what you mean with the mag covering alot, but its kinda cool nonetheless and provides some knowledge of games on other platforms that you'd obviously dismiss.

Also, that game I mentioned that I think would be class on the VC, its called Twinkle Star Sprites. I know, it sounds... stupid, but it looks and sounds pretty good from the few columns they have wrote about it. Falls into the "cute em up" category, which isn't too bad a thing.

Never heard of it. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in the vicinity of a magazine vendor.

Sign in to follow this