NEurope
Guest Maase

Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, does somebody Know it?

I remember when i first played this game 2 years ago...

I rembember being scared because of a Mirror Scene and i never played again...

Untill now...

What im here doing is an Introduction of the game for those who dont know it:

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is a Interactive Movie, where you are an ordinary man who kills another ordinary man without knowing it, you have now to run from trouble and you have to be smart and brave to discover whats going on around New York (This crime is being repeated and repeated by another guys who kill without knowing)

I think the game is Awesome because you are not a simply man who has to do every task the producters want you to do... you are a man who does what you think, and the game makes you feel the Characters from it...

Here are some ScreenShots showing what Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is:

indigo-prophecy-20050503060338517.jpg

indigo-prophecy-20050503060342860.jpg

fahrenheit-20041129035138082.jpg

fahrenheit-20041129035141488.jpg

Here you can see the "24 Effect" that is very used on the game

indigo-prophecy-20050517043441003.jpg

indigo-prophecy-20050518044904961.jpg

indigo-prophecy-20050608025700650.jpg

And so, tomorrow i'l play it again, does somebody here know it?

The last picture looks like Alex (is it Alex? her name?) out of Half Life 2.

Sounds like an interesting game. I'm in a very "old PC game" mood at the moment

Ashmat, if you like the Old School its a bit hard to like Indigo Prophecy

This is a completely different Style, and this game is for those who are sick of the same type of games ;)

The trama is intense (at least in the first 3 chapters) and the game is an Interactive Movie and even too talk you have diferent options ;)

I've played a bit at a friend's house. The game is cool and really feels like a suspense movie taken to a whole new level.

Too bad the ending is underwhelming. Very disappointing. Then again the last part of the game felt rushed.

Damn, you spoiled me ;____________________;

The game has 3 ends, depending on your decisions ;)

Ashmat, if you like the Old School its a bit hard to like Indigo Prophecy

This is a completely different Style, and this game is for those who are sick of the same type of games ;)

The trama is intense (at least in the first 3 chapters) and the game is an Interactive Movie and even too talk you have diferent options ;)

Well i'm up for any game that gives me suspense and good story. I just like getting these pc games from 2 years or more ago. Not PC demanding either.

Damn, you spoiled me ;____________________;

The game has 3 ends, depending on your decisions ;)

Well, I didn't say anything specific and, if anything, what I said was subjective.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spoil anything.

About the three endings, I've seen them. Can't say much more than that without spoiling someone. You'll have to see them by yourself.

Yay I LOVED Fahrenheit - played it on PS2 & Xbox and much prefer the Xbox version. I agree the ending (well the ending I got) was kind of pants but its still a great game and well worth picking up.

I got this game 2 years ago, and enjoyed it. I liked the whole idea of the game and such, but I haven't played it since I completed it.

I enjoyed about 70% of the game, but then it became obvious that it didn't actually have a coherent ending. It's a real testament to the importance of storyboarding and knowing where your game is headed before you start making it.

Still, at least it tried to be different with moderate success. The early stages are really good, and bar some rather rubbish implementation later on — e.g.: spending several minutes climbing a fence — the analogue stick controls were quite a good idea.

I wanted to love Fahrenheit, but it turned out to be rather pretentious and only half of a good game. Hopefully Quantic Dream will learn from the game's myriad mistakes come their PS3 title.

...perhaps I should remind you that you fight the embodiment of the internet on a snowy rooftop. Seriously, what?

The game is good for 80%...its just the final act and the endings (what a bizzare game it gets) of course theres the random sex as well which gave the game an AO rating in the US.

I remember this game, I still have it. It was decent, but got a bit frustrating and annoying. I've never completed it though. :/

I've got this game installed on my PC right now. I really liked it until the story started to dwindle a bit. I'm currently at the second sneaking part in the past but it freezes when I get to a certain point in it.

They wanted to make a trilogy, I think, at first, but then were told it was going to be just one game. They had to rush the final part because of that. It's really a shame because it could have been much better.

Like everyone else on here who's played it, I loved it apart from towards the end. Not sure how they managed to send it so downhill after the really strong start. I really like this type of game and I'd buy it again regardless of what I know about the end just because I think it's important to support those who are making games that are different.

If this sort of thing is your bag then I'd recommend Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny (another game with a diff name in the US), which is a pretty old PS2 game. Same interactive story style with lots of time travel and multiple endings. One of my first and favourite Playstation games.

I own it, thought it was awful apart from the first scene. I especially hate the fact that the "writer" decided to put himself in the tutorial section of the game in a desperate attempt to try and make a name for himself.

I own it, thought it was awful apart from the first scene. I especially hate the fact that the "writer" decided to put himself in the tutorial section of the game in a desperate attempt to try and make a name for himself.

oh yeah had forgotten about that dumb intro thing...funny how I remember the intro now you mentioned it but not the name of director...