NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DanielTimothy

Mummy wants a Laptop.

Thats right, aswell as a wireless router and internet security. I'm not sure where is cheapest, or considering I'm searching over the net if delivery is going to cost alot?

Doesn't need to be anything special, just for the net, pictures and word processing really, Vista would make sence though and atleast a gig of ram.

Could you point us in the right direction? Price range is around £400 - £450 . . .

Thanks.

I'd go for a refurbished iBook if security's an issue.

What is this? Stereotypes day?

Anyway, it completely depends on what your mother needs. You could get something baseline-ish just to run Vista Home Basic and Word on it, if all she needs is word processing and the internet.

Liek, is delivery free or cost alot? Reliable?

Come on, is clicking on a few links on that page really that hard?

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asp/faq.asp#delivery

I bought my laptop from them about 6 weeks ago and its great. Due to no fault of their own the delivery took ages (couriers fault) so they gave me a full refund on the delivery price.

Highly recommended.

I'd go for a refurbished iBook if security's an issue.

iBook G4's are hawt!

Why would delivery matter? Laptops Direct are massively cheaper than the high street, they could charge £50 delivery and most people would still be quids in :)

I'd look at business laptops for that sort of work. They tend to be cheap, well make and have all the clutter cut out (like graphics cards, excessive RAM, clutter-ware, remote controls etc)

My brother brought an acer gemstone aspire 7520.

Amd athalon 64 x2 1.73ghz

1 gig of ram

Nvidia 7000 geforce graphics card

17 inch display

80 gig hdd

Dolby digital live sound

With vista home premium

For £399. £200 off from tesco direct. Its a bit big for my liking since I'm used to using a smaller laptop

Link me

Sign in to follow this