NEurope
Dante

Next Fatal Frame on Wii

Tecmo has been silent about Fatal Frame for some time now, but that doesn't mean the horror franchise has been forgotten. To the contrary, 1UP learned at Tokyo Game Show that Tecmo's enlisted the help of Grasshopper Interactive to produce the next Fatal Frame game. And here's the kicker: it's for Wii.

Grasshopper will start on Fatal Frame when work on No More Heroes, recently announced for a US release via Ubisoft, has finished. Given that No More Heroes was developed on Wii, Grasshopper seems content on Nintendo's console.

Taking photographs of ghouls has been a part of Fatal Frame since day one, so motion controls certainly make sense for the series, but the last we heard about the next Fatal Frame seemed to have Microsoft and Sony's consoles in mind. "I already have some ideas that I'd like to do if I had more development time and a more powerful system," said Fatal Frame 3 Producer Keisuke Kikuchi all the way back in July 2005.

1UP.com

If there next Fatal Frame/Project Zero comes to Wii, I'll be doing my happy-dance! :yay:

Actually, I'll be doing my happy-dance if a new Project Zero comes to any format! Now those are some creepy games. Can teach Resident Evil a thing or two in the scare-department. Then again, you can't compare zombies and ghosts, eh. :wink:

i loved this game on the xbox haha it really freaked me out in the beginning

i hope this one will be even more scary lots of ghost appearing true walls

only this time i want something like a flashlight where you point with the Wii remote

Didn't our good friend Matt Casamassina, of IGN Wii fame, mention in one of their "Wiik in review" podcasts, that something dark and spooky, would be announced soon? This could be it.

Taken from our very own thread about IGN Wiik in review:

A "dark" Wii game that is kind of "spooky" (and has a resemblance to a previous game that Matt won't divulge in) [Eternal Darkness?] will be announced soon since the game recently got a publisher.

I played the first one on Xbox but never played 2 or 3 - mainly cos three was only on PS2. How did the series progress? Oh, and does anyone know why its called Project Zero here? Its a shite name. Glad to hear number 4 is on its way to Wii though!

Didn't our good friend Matt Casamassina, of IGN Wii fame, mention in one of their "Wiik in review" podcasts, that something dark and spooky, would be announced soon? This could be it.

Taken from our very own thread about IGN Wiik in review:

A "dark" Wii game that is kind of "spooky" (and has a resemblance to a previous game that Matt won't divulge in) [Eternal Darkness?] will be announced soon since the game recently got a publisher.

Possible, but it's too ambiguous and not very likely IMO.

This game always had publisher, they just outsourced it to grasshopper, but... the publisher will always be Tecmo; besides... it implies it's got a resemblance but... if it's a direct sequel doesn't that loose the need to say that? "look Prime 3 has a resemblance with Prime 1" ok... but that's to be expected.

Also, by 1up article development is yet to start until No More Heroes goes gold (that could be wrong though, the planning stages should be quite done now, and possibly even a working alpha build)

But still... it's too much stuff, I believe Matt was reffering to another project, that or he knew too little and filled the blanks with wrong information; too many inconsistencies.

Fatal Frame 2 was the best one! (made me scream like a baby...)

Hope they do a really great job with gfx filters like they did with 2!!

You're right Pedro, it was just a theory I had. But I don't think that it's the exclusive story Nintendo Official Magazine where talking about. Anyway, this is great news. I really like survival horror games, and I'm intriguied to see how they will use the controller.

I loved one and 2 both great games so this makes me so glad.. if there was one thing that i didnt like about it was how u moved around in first person.. but now with the wiimote getting those gosties will be fun fun and not "ahhhh dumb camera move"

The Fatal Frame/Project Zero games are one of my favourite games of all time. To see it on wii really would be awesome! Helluva lot scarier than any "horror" games out there!

I always figured the game Matt was talking about would be a Luigi's Mansion 2.

This sounds like it could work out well I guess, really wasn't keen on the franchise on PS2 though. I hope it's treated like a main entry in the series at least.

Next Fatal Frame on Wii: Meh... :zzz:

Next Fatal Frame on Wii being developed by Grasshopper: OMG Day One Purchase!!! :yay:

Suda and his gang rock... : peace:

Cue happy-dance! :yay:

So Grasshopper is handling this one? Odd choice. Well, it wouldn't be my first choice, given their back catalogue, but they might bring a nice twist to a series that needed a little more originality-juice after three games.

I'll be closely keeping my peeping eye on this one.

Out of sheer celebration, I've started playing Project Zero 3 again. I never got very far, so a great opportunity to pick it up again.

Coming to think of it, it would work wonderful on Wii. Just imagine you wield the Camera Obscura just like you wield your gun in CoD3 with dynamic aiming off.

I just hope they remain fairly loyal towards the previous style of PZ. Well, bar perhaps the depressing apathy of the characters. When they talk or do anything, they seems to be deader than the ghosts they encounter. Besides being (moderately) scared, they often show little to no heavy reaction to anything. Even when they are in an environment where no ghosts are (the house in the beginning of PZ3), they seems to be in a constant 'philosophical' mood.

"...It's raining again..."

"...Yes..."

"...Ah..."

"... I wonder..."

You'd be happy to encounter a ghost. Atleast they are more lively. :wink:

I love the fact that Grasshopper love Nintendo, maybe Nintendo should buy them.

To be honest; I've never got why Nintendo haven't been "getting" more 2nd parties. It's not like they're poor :heh: