NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
old_gregg

A Recipie for Sucess

Okay let me explain how this thread works. Put simply this thread is designed for mal-nurished University Students. I know a lot of you go to Uni on this site so i hope you will contribute to this thred.

We all know that finnace university education can be hard and most people come out with huge levels of debt. But people, I have a dream. I believe that Food is the best way to keep living costs down and i want every one here to help bring the cost of living down.

So post your Recipie ideas here, they don't have to be Delia Smith complex, in fact thats the opposite of what i expect. The basic aim is to have a list of cheap recipie ideas that people can cut and paste and use in future.

The recipies will ideally:

• Use cheap ingridents
    Be tastety tastey taste taste.
    and be nutrienlially balanced.

I'll get things started with this little dish I cooked up last night.

Take two eggs and scramble them. Whilst doing that pop some bacon under the grill and bread in the toaster. put on second pan on the stove filled with some Smart Price Beans.

Once cooked layer the ingridents in a toast sandwich and enjoy. :hehe:

So come on down and share your ideas.

Take Tesco Value baked beans (full of goodness) and some cheap bread. I the bread is slightly stale just put it in the microwave for a second or two. Then toast the bread, cook the beans, et voila a slightly nutritious meal for less then a pound. Alternativly if your looking for something very unhealthy, yet full of energy, take 3/4 of a block of butter, a small bag of sugar, a tin of condensed milk and 1/2 a cup of water, add altogether in a pan and leave to simmer for a while. After 5-10 minutes stir mixture hard. When the mixture is light brownish, the sugar crystals are no longer visible and the mixture turns into a small ball when dropped in cold water remove from pan and leave to set in a tray overnight. Hopefully you will end up with a crumbly fudge like substance known as tablet.

Enjoy

bacon and cheese sarnie. add sauce and salad at your own descression.

this works well for a couple of reasons: Bacon and cheese can be found for cheap. the mix of melty cheese (not grilled melted just soft from the heat of the bacon) and the salty meat is probably best described as being beast. well beast.

for the lazy: got a pastie today for fiddy pence. that was good.

i have 3 ultra cheap, but palateable emergency meals for extreme poor.

1: 1 can economy tomato soup

1 can economy tuna

1 or 2 mugs economy pasta

If you're feeling adventurous/rich some economy extra mature cheddar can be added too!

simply boil the pasta, then when that has boiled stir in the tuna and soup and leave it to simmer for a while, stirring. this should thicken the soup up a bit so it acts like a sauce. when its nearly done stir in some cheese to thicken it and add some more flavour. when serving you can add more cheese if budget allows.

2: 1 can economy spagetti

1 can economy tuna

2 large spoonfulls economy mayonaise

1 can economy sweet corn (optional)

1 grated apple (optional)

this is my easiest cheap meal. simply stir all the ingredients up together, and eat straight from the sauce pan. in the summer adding grated apple makes it taste alot more summery/sweet. and if you are just extra hungry the sweetcorn fills you up nicely

3: 1 packets economy noodles

follow the instructions on the packet for a 12p meal!

bacon and cheese sarnie. add sauce and salad at your own descression.

this works well for a couple of reasons: Bacon and cheese can be found for cheap. the mix of melty cheese (not grilled melted just soft from the heat of the bacon) and the salty meat is probably best described as being beast. well beast.

Thats the type of thing i'm looking for. So come on guys lets here the rest of your tastey ideas, so we can all enjoy the yummy goodness :smile:

pot noodles are not good value for money imo. its more sort of a snack than a meal. maybe i just eat lots though...

Super noodle on toast works quite well, especially the chiken ones. Just make sure you drain the juices first or you get soggy bread.

For a very healthy quick snack though get a lettace some peppers and some tomato's (shouldn't be more then a pound), some mayonaise and some form of meat such as tuna, salami, ham, turkey or chicken. Mix all together in a bowl and you have a tasty salad. You can even put that on toast.

value pasta with campbells condensed soup (italian tomato is best) DO NOT ADD WATER - leave it thick

Only Nine! Come on surely you guys can do better than that. :indeed:

I mean we've barely got enough for meal. Think of the students won't someone please think of the Students.

Remeber what Blair said:

Education, education, edu...oh whatever...

One of my friends at uni used to make some fantastic open-face omelettes. I ganked his recipe and added my own unique awesome to it.

Mike's 5-Egger Omelette of Awesome

For this filling (and great morning-after) meal, you will need the following:

• 5 eggs
  • Chopped onion
  • 1 diced tomato
  • Half tin of sweetcorn
  • Diced ham
  • Any other random sandwich meat you have in the fridge
  • Grated cheese
  • Pepper
  • Milk (optional)

You can get economy versions of most of these at the local supermarket.

1. Mix the eggs in a bowl. Season with lots of pepper. If I had any leftover milk I used to add a little bit to it.

2. Butter a pan. Add the tomatoes and onion. Cook until they are soft. Add the eggs. Keep it at a medium temperature.

3. Add the ham, other meat and the sweetcorn.

4. Once the top portion of the omelette starts to cook, add the cheese. Once that starts to melt it's usually cooked.

5. Put it onto your plate. This is an open-face omelette, so no need to worry about folding it or anything fiddly.

6. Eat.

Enjoy.

Sign in to follow this