N-Europe

Some Questions

ryand

Hi guys, I have two questions that I need a hand with. I know they have both been the subject of discussion in the past but I don't know the definitive answer to both so I would appreciate it if people can help me out.

1. Does American GameCube memory cards work with UK Nintendo Wii consoles? I ask since I only have un-official GameCube memory cards and have read that some of them are prone to jamming in the Wii, I don't want to risk it and would like to pack my GameCube away for good but I can't until I am able to get an official memory card. I am asking about an American one because I am unable to find one in the UK, all the shops gave up on the GameCube along time ago, some have un-official ones kicking around though. I have been trying eBay also, but they are primarily being sold by bulk sellers so I don't trust it since they likely haven't been tested. Failing that does anyone know a site where I can order a UK memory card from? Preferably a 251block card.

2. Does the Wii have a working freeloader for import Wii games yet? I know that the GameCube freeloader no longer works with the Wii, well so I read, I haven't tryed it with my Cube freeloader so I am going by what I read. I ask this since Manhunt 2 now has a secured USA release while over here it is still uncertain, I just want to play it safe and know if there is a way to play NTSC games on a PAL system.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out!

1. Does American GameCube memory cards work with UK Nintendo Wii consoles?

Did US Memory Cards work with PAL GameCubes?

2. Does the Wii have a working freeloader for import Wii games yet? I know that the GameCube freeloader no longer works with the Wii, well so I read, I haven't tryed it with my Cube freeloader so I am going by what I read. I ask this since Manhunt 2 now has a secured USA release while over here it is still uncertain, I just want to play it safe and know if there is a way to play NTSC games on a PAL system.

There is no freeloader for Wii games, and none planned either. Datel would now need to get official Wii disks from Nintendo to make freeloaders.

I am not sure if US memory cards worked on the UK Cube, I only ever had UK ones. Japanese games are able to be saved to UK memory cards though so that is what made me think the region may not matter. I have been looking on Play but they have been out of stock for awhile now.

So the only way to play NTSC games is going to be buying importing an American Wii? That sucks. I doubt Nintendo will supply Datel with a Wii dev kit since Nintendo can be lax in releasing games over here. Oh well, I am sure someone will work something out at some point.