NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Columnar

Burnout on Wii??

I have a question and it is this...

Where the hell is Burnout on Wii??? It's been FOUR years since Burnout was on a Nintendo Home Console - surely one of the biggest travesty's of the Cube's life was the cancellation of Burnout 3 for GC especially since the first two performed as beautifully as they did. I was convinced that the recent PS2 & PSP Burnout Dominator would recieve a Wii port but I don't think it has ever even been hinted at.

If Burnout ever does come to Wii, what control schemes would you all like to see? I'm not sure I would like an Excite Truck esque tilt control scheme to steer, but using both controllers, analogue to steer, B to accelarate, Z to brake, A to boost, tilt controls for aftertouch and a shake of the remote or nunchuck to do a crashbreaker. Anyone else think its weird we have no Burnout? An exclusive new Burnout or even a version of Burnout Paradise would be great.

OK rant/plea over.:zzz::heh:

I was just thinking the other day, where are all the racers on the Wii?

Burnout 2 is one of my most played Gamecube game's, so I would absoloutely love to see the franchise on the Wii. To think that EA actually own it now, you'd think we'd allready have some kind of port!

Tell me about it. It's been driving me mad. Glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this.:) And you're right - Burnout 2 is one of the best games on GC and in my opinion the best Burnout. I thought the later ones got a bit too gimmicky.

Yeah it's a real travesty that Criterion havent pulled their fingers out and produced a Burnout for the Wii - sales for the Wii however are so strong that I believe publishers that haven't jumped onboard already will be doing so in the near future - makes good business sense (well lets hope so!!!!!) :bowdown:

I don't care. 3 wasn't as good as 2 (but close), and the series went seriously downhill from there. Revenge wass horrible, and the concept of Paradise is just stupid. It's like EA want 2 Need for Speed games per year now.

I'd like a Wii-exclusive Burnout more in the style of Burnout 2. Remove aftertouch and make ramming cars from behind dangerous again. The only things Burnout 2 missed were crash replays (the reason for removing makes sort-of sense. WiiConnect24 is a great reason to bring them back) and "odd" (for racing) vehicles like the Bus, Pickup Truck and delivery truck.

I don't care. 3 wasn't as good as 2 (but close), and the series went seriously downhill from there. Revenge wass horrible, and the concept of Paradise is just stupid. It's like EA want 2 Need for Speed games per year now.

I'd like a Wii-exclusive Burnout more in the style of Burnout 2. Remove aftertouch and make ramming cars from behind dangerous again. The only things Burnout 2 missed were crash replays (the reason for removing makes sort-of sense. WiiConnect24 is a great reason to bring them back) and "odd" (for racing) vehicles like the Bus, Pickup Truck and delivery truck.

As long as the whole "takedown" thing is included, then I agree.

As long as the whole "takedown" thing is included, then I agree.

Takedown should only be in there if the stupid mini-cutscene is removed (I can't remember if that was in 3).

Takedown should only be in there if the stupid mini-cutscene is removed (I can't remember if that was in 3).

I don't think it was.

They could also have the option to have bumping into cars from behind dangerous or not or something, that would actually be pretty good, being able to tweak some of the racing options to change the game a little.

The cutscene was in 3. I loved that. Takedown was an amazing addition to the franchise. You could see the damage you had done instead of imagining it as you blasted past them having shoved them into a lamp post. Genius. (An option to remove would have been good though).

Burnout 3 had WAAAAAY too man tracks and this seemed to take away the purity of the series.

I adored burnout 2 for the GC and will probably pick it up again one day. It was renderware at it's best and the controls were 100% made for the GC. I remember Criterion actually admitting the GC version was their favourite in an issue of NGC. I'm sure we all felt the pain when 3 never made it onto the GC (thanks EA!). Now EA love the GC and the DS has had a (horrific) version (best ignored), I'm sure it will come. Infact, I pray it will.

The cutscene was in 3. I loved that.

I half-agree. A Picture-in-picture thing would be better. Actually, a lot of games could benefit form PiP.

controls were 100% made for the GC.

Analogue steering + analogue acceleration = Win.

Ugh the last time burnout appeared on a nintendo system was burnout legends for ds... Dear god.. But ya it was thinking the same thing. Where the hell are the racers.

Ugh the last time burnout appeared on a nintendo system was burnout legends for ds... Dear god.. But ya it was thinking the same thing. Where the hell are the racers.

The decent 3rd party racers will probably come after Mario Kart, just like decent 3rd party shooters will come after MP3.

Nintendo nail the controls themselves, 3rd parties copy.

After a quick Internet search, I found out we have these racing games to look forward too :-

Action Girlz Racing

London Taxi: Rush Hour

M&M's Kart Racing

Mini Desktop Racing

Need For Speed : ProStreet

Monster Trux : Arena

Offroad Extreme

Rig Racer II

Myth Makers : Super Kart GP

Classic British Motor Racing

Cruis'n

Donky Kong: Jet

Yamaha Supercross

Quantity, not Quality eh?

Yamaha Supercross

Is that some kind of racing game involving rolling keyboards down hills?

After a quick Internet search, I found out we have these racing games to look forward too :-

Action Girlz Racing

Awesome!!!!! er perhaps not!:shakehead

Burnout 3 was the awesome. The old ones for me just lack everything after three arrived.

Well hyped for Paradise, and will be buying it on 360 to see those smashes and environments all in great visuals. No need for a Wii version, and wouldn't buy it either. Prob just be a port of dominator anyway.

Burnout 3 was the ultimate racing game. I loved it.

Me too! The introduction of takedowns in Burnout 3 made Burnout 2 boring by comparison. And Burnout Revenge, whilst ticking just about all the same boxes 3 did, for some reason, didn't seem as much fun to play.

Hopefully, Paradise will be a return to glory for the series.:)

Sign in to follow this