NEurope
wooks63

Transformers - any good?

My son is mad about Transformers and we both saw the film at the weekend which was excellent.

I know he'd want the game, but I've not read any reviews about it. Has anyone got it, and is it any good?

We have a Wii, DS's and a PSP, so if someone can also give a comparison between these versions and which is best (or the least worse!) then all the better.

Thanks.

DS is probably the worst - you can't chose sides in it. You have to buy different versions of the game for that.

I was exactly the same (except Im older =[), saw the film, loved it, bought the game. On the Wii.

Its pretty rubbish imo. Its cool watching them transform, but the fighting is crappy, (only have same 3 combo whole time), limited movement around (only like 1 city for autobots, haven't played much of decepticons). All in all its not much to write home about.

Also my mates says the DS game is pretty rubbish to. So take your pick :D

4/10

My son is mad about Transformers and we both saw the film at the weekend which was excellent.

I know he'd want the game, but I've not read any reviews about it. Has anyone got it, and is it any good?

We have a Wii, DS's and a PSP, so if someone can also give a comparison between these versions and which is best (or the least worse!) then all the better.

Thanks.

My mate bought it a few days back. His brother (9 years old) loved it. I thought it was average basically. Not crappy, not that great.

I know one person who actually liked the Wii version, there's definitely a lot of rough spots, like cutscene FMV compression, and all... But in the end he was still bragging about how good it was to play with decepticons because it reminded him of N64's Blast Corps.

Autobots... not so cool to play as them, according to him, since you're not supposed to destroy and get penalties doing so. (with decepticons it's the oposite)

But I'm not 100% sure of what I'm saying since I didn't play it, but yeah, he enjoyed it; most likely because he expected a horrible game too.

I dunno about DS.

I played the 360 version last weekend and couldnt stop playing it as I thought it was great. I ended up finishing it 100% in a few days, then again im a Transformers nut so its understandable.

Its not as good as the Transformers game which came out on the PS2 with the minicons in it ( well worth checking out ) but its still a decent game. Oh and yeah playing as the Decepticons is great as you can fly around blowing the hell out of stuff where as the Autobots are just cars so you have to stick to driving. Still sweet playing as Prime, especially when you unlock the G1 version of him.

Transformers, are you joking? So this is how people get those 50+ game collections, buying rubbish games, eh?

Transformers, are you joking? So this is how people get those 50+ game collections, buying rubbish games, eh?

Not really as I didnt buy it, borrowed it off my mate. Besides, one mans rubbish is another mans gold, or words to that effect.

Thanks for the replies.

It will probably be my son more than me who plays it. He's 9 so I guess that he'll probably enjoy it, as long as it's not so bad as to make it unplayable.

I see that ONM are doing a full review of the game next month, so will probably wait until I've seen what they've got to say about it.

I thought that the DS game was pretty decent, also has online mode. Better than the console counterparts. Tbh, i was tempted by this game. Graphically it looks quite good on Wii and it's should be pretty fun to destroy things. But then again, it's pretty shallow and wont hold my attention for long. So ive got my pennies saved for the must have games coming in a few weeks/months' time.