NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Maiky-NiSuTe

Expanding the Gray matter.

As a gamer of 32 years you can expect that I have a reasonable active brain. Well thanks to Big Brain Academy on the Nintendo Wii it seems that I have been training only a few parts of my brain. And thanks to that same game I am training the parts I neglected for years since I left school. And yeah it even hurts for real when you push you brain in new grounds. I never expected that a game would ever give me such a fresh feeling in my head but it really does thanks to it I think and react faster and it feels incredibly good! But this is getting even stranger! Not only I feel this but now my wife my mother, sister and even the parents of my wife feel it! And o my god they also totally love it! What is going on here? People that never used to play games suddenly love it? As long as I have been in and around the games industry I have never seen this happen at least not in this impact to my surroundings! First WiiSports and now this! Incredible what Nintendo does, they move you and now they make us smarter to! But now I see another big change in my surroundings. Gamers start to drop the Wii and start playing PC and 360 games. So it seems Nintendo is gaining new grounds but losing to the old one. Are some gamers afraid of the new games? Or do they find or think they are boring?

Well my friends say it isn’t interesting enough because of the lack of games they know like Metroid, Mario, Fire Emblem , F-zero, Mario Kart and a great Zelda.

Wii4E1.jpg

Is it that the current generation gamers need to expand their gray matter to like I did and allow the new and fresh wind in our upper chambers? Or do we want Nintendo to stop focusing on the new gaming generation?

Well in my eye’s the both need to change a bit! Not mush but just a bit of fine tuning I guess. Gamers should open up more and look past the low-resolution graphics and (as they say) “kiddy graphicsâ€. We don't play games to view a great time, we play games to have a great time! And Nintendo should find a fine balance at the games they publish! Like WiiSports and Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Academy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. This way both old and new gamers can enjoy the gaming world of Nintendo. For me… I am starting to enjoy games again more and more thanks to the fresh air that Nintendo has given me!

bad.jpg

Maik

Nice post. :)

QFT.

When the Wii controller was first announced we all chucked ideas around as to how this new controller would improve the genres we had been playing for the last few generations of consoles, and we all felt we would get that. Problem is it's not happening at all............or when it is, it's just tacked on controls or we are waiting a good year from when it should be in our hands (Mario Galaxy).

Wii Sports is all good in some situations for parties and when people want to play drunk multiplayer, but after a few hours on launch day playing it I had got the point. It's not a 'gamers' platform I feel, and I've not played mine since April which is when I completed Zelda. Really should pack it away in its box.

Is it not spelt grey?

Lol is it? crap Microsoft office spelling says its gray... i am dyslectic and above that English isn't my tongue so i have to trust Word in the spelling and grammatical but this isn't always good to do ... so please forgive me

QFT.

When the Wii controller was first announced we all chucked ideas around as to how this new controller would improve the genres we had been playing for the last few generations of consoles, and we all felt we would get that. Problem is it's not happening at all............or when it is, it's just tacked on controls or we are waiting a good year from when it should be in our hands (Mario Galaxy).

Wii Sports is all good in some situations for parties and when people want to play drunk multiplayer, but after a few hours on launch day playing it I had got the point. It's not a 'gamers' platform I feel, and I've not played mine since April which is when I completed Zelda. Really should pack it away in its box.

Im in the same boat. I bought and beat Zelda and havent since been compelled to buy anything.

Before you pack it away though, get a classic controller, download a few games, and rename it 'Super Nintendo'. You'll love it all over again.

Thumbs up to you Maiky, quickly becoming one of my favourite posters around here.

Thumbs up to you Maiky, quickly becoming one of my favourite posters around here.

:blush: Wow that is one hell of a great compliment you gave me there!!! thanks a whole lot and i will try to continue my work here ^.^

Is it not spelt grey?

Nope, gray, according both to myself and Google. :heh:

Great article, maiky.

Grey and gray are both fine.

Also, nice post. My parents have refused to ever try any video games, yet the Wii has opened gaming up to them -- even if only limited to Wii Sports and fishing in Zelda :)

God your bumming of the Wii is getting annoying

You do realise you're on a nintendo forum?

God your bumming of the Wii is getting annoying

God your mindless flaming and arguing is getting annoying

God your mindless flaming and arguing is getting annoying

I want to say "owned" but have no idea if I'm using the term right...I'm thick. (was I right?)

Oh and great thread by the way.

I want to say "owned" but have no idea if I'm using the term right...I'm thick. (was I right?)

Oh and great thread by the way.

Yes, this would indeed be the correct use of the word. : peace:

Yes, this would indeed be the correct use of the word. : peace:

Woo!

On the subject of the thread. It is good how the Wii has opened up and is still opening up gaming to a whole new range of people. It can only mean good things for gaming in the long run.

Very interesting post. I did not expect the brain training to have such an visible impact on people, but obviously it does. Im not sure it will be the same for everyone. People are very different.

But for those who do feel a change, the Wii must be a big hit. They will probably want more.

indeed but lets not forget the dark side i wrote about to.

Gamers start to drop the Wii and start playing PC and 360 games. So it seems Nintendo is gaining new grounds but losing to the old one. Are some gamers afraid of the new games? Or do they find or think they are boring?

Nintendo has to balance there release list better! that way both generations will love the wii. also both generations need to open up just a little more and than they will love it to. well that is my vision and yes i want more hard core games but i have opened my eyes to games like Big brain academy, wii sports and more!

The Wii is perfect for family life thats for sure. Ive had my 80 year old nan playing bowling, I think the title of the console really reigns true.

Jus wish they could balance out the fun games with a bit more of those true hardcore nintendo gaming classics. Then it wud be truely great

Know wot I mean Maiky?

But those games are coming and for me the current games are more than enough to see me through till then.

The Wii is perfect for family life thats for sure. Ive had my 80 year old nan playing bowling, I think the title of the console really reigns true.

Jus wish they could balance out the fun games with a bit more of those true hardcore nintendo gaming classics. Then it wud be truely great

Know wot I mean Maiky?

You make alot of sense.

Soon though, there will be a balance. I mean with all the great games coming out soon this year and early next we're all in for a treat.

Im an impatient **** though mate and with the 360 firing great games left, right and center at me, It makes me want Nintendo to get their asses in gear alot more then I usually would

Yes, but the 360, unlike the wii has been out for a year longer, so its already at the stage the Wii will be at by the end of this year/early next. You get what I mean?

And good to see you debating and not whining mate :)

Why did you even have to make that comment?

Nope, gray, according both to myself and Google. :heh:

Great article, maiky.

Grey is the British spelling, gray the American.

It will do (if it turns out well), especially seeing as the Wii has been seen in a few old people homes etc to keep them fit.

Why did you even have to make that comment?

I'm ignoring it (ooo I'm grown up! :grin:), in a way he was trying to be nice, I think.

Know wot I mean Maiky?

Yeah and that is what i am hoping Nintendo will do! they have to find a balance in releasing hardcore games and new core games

Do you think there is a chance this Wii Fit thingy bob, could make its way into gyms?

most sertanly because several hospitals are already interested in it!!

Sign in to follow this