NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Web Comic anybody?

I was wondering if anyone here fancy having a go at doing a web comic? I'd personally like to have a go but I cant draw for shit. I reckon I could do some pretty good writing if i put my mind to it so if anyone has some mad skillz with a pen and paper, post away.

I already have way too much to do Woosel related, but this site is home to some very talented artists. If you can't draw for shit... why not consider a comic using another medium? I've long wanted to do something with action figures.

I suggest going for something particularly original if you ever want to hit big with your webcomic. Jokes about video games and a news post feature every week are never going to compete unless your art/writing is astounding, which it rarely is in a comics early life. T3C has a good suggestion with action figures, all you would need is a camera, some toys and to learn how to do speech bubbles. Oh and a well coded php website with a MySQL database of course ;)

I suggest going for something particularly original if you ever want to hit big with your webcomic. Jokes about video games and a news post feature every week are never going to compete unless your art/writing is astounding, which it rarely is in a comics early life. T3C has a good suggestion with action figures, all you would need is a camera, some toys and to learn how to do speech bubbles. Oh and a well coded php website with a MySQL database of course ;)

Totally random, but I love your signature. Anything Asuka gets a big thumbs (and cock) up.

retro-lover makes a good point, look at white ninja comics, although the artist behind it obviously has skills, it shows that a simple style can provide great humour. I guess the way to go is: if you can't draw great, don't try.

Nothing Nice to Say (punk webcomic) had an arc of scribbly strips that were hilarious - I think Mitch made 'lol amirite' an internet-funny (or they stole it from someone else who did, either way I saw it there first).

Sign in to follow this