NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ninty 182

Macbeth

At the minute I'm trying to write some english coursework. The question is 'who is ultimately responsible for the death of King Duncan?' If anyone can give me a bit of help it would be much appreciated as at the minute I've not got a lot. (oh and sorry I know it's a boring thread :heh: )

... Have you even read the book yet?

I mean, this is a discussion board, if you at least put accross your opinion then you'll generate a much healthier response, y'knowattimean?

Yeah... if you read the book you should know. That or you didn't pay much attention in class :P

Macbeth is pretty easy in terms of Shakespere anyway. Try Hamlet >.>

the short answer is Macbeth. basically you have gto argue hat the choice is always his right untill the last moment rather than the three witches because they never mention the word 'murder'. I might be wrong but im sure the first use of the word in the play belongs to macbeth.

hope that helps.

oh and remember the way to write an essay: point. evidence, effect. do this for every major point you make and you will do fine. quote a plenty for your evidence.

MacBeth wouldn't have killed no-one if the idea of power wasn't put into his head -- But if his mind wasn't already twisted then surely no words would have corruped his loyalty? It's an observation of Man's thirst for power. It's an observation of how weak we are... Everyone has a weakness, and that weakness will lead to your downfall.

Also Lady Macbeth can be inserted to the equation. zing.

Sure, quoting's all well and good, but don't let them take over your essay. A good essay flows as if it could be spoken, no dis-joints confuzzling things. So long as the reader gets your point you don't need to use every quote in the book. Usually if you read something you'll find certain quotes strike you, you'll naturally remember these, as they are obviously workable quotes. Of course, finding quotes with meaning is all groovy too. But takes effort.

yeha shuo.

Yeah... if you read the book you should know. That or you didn't pay much attention in class :P

Macbeth is pretty easy in terms of Shakespere anyway. Try Hamlet >.>

Maybe I should have been more clear, I have read the book and have done a Macbeth coursework. However I got a C and have been told to redo it (with the hope of getting an A), so was wondering if anyone had some good points that I could include to help me improve my grade.

MacBeth wouldn't have killed no-one if the idea of power wasn't put into his head -- But if his mind wasn't already twisted then surely no words would have corruped his loyalty? It's an observation of Man's thirst for power. It's an observation of how weak we are... Everyone has a weakness, and that weakness will lead to your downfall.

Also Lady Macbeth can be inserted to the equation. zing.

Sure, quoting's all well and good, but don't let them take over your essay. A good essay flows as if it could be spoken, no dis-joints confuzzling things. So long as the reader gets your point you don't need to use every quote in the book. Usually if you read something you'll find certain quotes strike you, you'll naturally remember these, as they are obviously workable quotes. Of course, finding quotes with meaning is all groovy too. But takes effort.

yeha shuo.

true enough. don't forget lady macbeth!

THE thing is with GCSSE is that it's a piece of piss so you just have to write an essay with the mentality that you base points around marks and how to get them. you'll be fine!

It was lady macbeth who was behind things to start with, and macbeth was going allong wiht it. Then later on lady macbeth completely lost it, started babbling about blood on her hands and then macbeth got carried away with power and greed.

Sign in to follow this