NEurope
Emasher

Rumored TOS sequel on the wii

It's still a rumour, so it could be a number of things. However, some of the ideas here posted are tempting:

-Port Tales of Symphonia to Wii with PS2 extras: Not bad.

-Remake Tales of Phantasia with Symphonia 3D engine: Cool idea. Would certainly fix ToP's flawed battles.

-Port Tales of the Abyss to Wii (maybe with extras): Hell Yeah! I've heard good things about ToA. Would certainly convince me to buy a Wii.

-Sequel to Tales of Symphonia: Feasible, but it better contain a completely new plot, set a few centuries after ToS. Maybe a few cameos from the Half-Elves from ToS, but that's it.

-Completely new Tales game: Best idea, in my opinion.

Of course, there's also the possibility that it is all just a rumour, so don't expect anything big.

It's still a rumour, so it could be a number of things. However, some of the ideas here posted are tempting:

-Port Tales of Symphonia to Wii with PS2 extras: Not bad.

Possible but not favourable

-Remake Tales of Phantasia with Symphonia 3D engine: Cool idea. Would certainly fix ToP's flawed battles.

Favourable but very unlikely

-Port Tales of the Abyss to Wii (maybe with extras): Hell Yeah! I've heard good things about ToA. Would certainly convince me to buy a Wii.

Most preferred and possibly the more likely

-Sequel to Tales of Symphonia: Feasible, but it better contain a completely new plot, set a few centuries after ToS. Maybe a few cameos from the Half-Elves from ToS, but that's it.

Impossible. IMO

-Completely new Tales game: Best idea, in my opinion.

Of course, there's also the possibility that it is all just a rumour, so don't expect anything big.

If I ran a gaming company I most certainly wont make a brand new game and make it an exclusive unless I had some vested interest.

Gamecube owners wanted a tales of series, ToS which was out for the PS2 was then ported.

The game/ plot/ characters were already done.

Now if we apply the similar principle, we got either TotA coming out or ToS remix but least likely.

I've been away for the weekend, i just saw the rumor and thought i was dreaming.

And if my dream comes true i would love to see a direct sequel and see them come up with a story to expand on what the characters did after the events of teh first game

Thought I'd poke my head into this just to show that I'm still alive. It was something that I think I even still have in my sig. Which is a tos collectors edition re-make for the wii. But don't forget that nothing has been said still about sword of Legendia for wii yet, other than two confirmed characters.

Edit 1: did he say it was a follow up to symphonia or are people just grasping? I've checked the release dates from nintendo.com and the only games close to when BK came out are:

Lord of the rings third age: 02 Nov 04 or

Paper mario 11th Oct 04

BK came out on the 16th Nov and tales came out 16th July. Far from the same time BK came out, but I suppose the same day in a way.

A sequel, huh?

Well, you know what? ToS was a good game, no doubt about it... but it wasn't fantastic. It wasn't genre defining or even a must have. It was a good RPG, end of story.

So why make a sequel?

But don't forget that nothing has been said still about sword of Legendia for wii yet, other than two confirmed characters.

Where were those characters confirmed?

Some sort of Tales of Symphonia sequel would rock and it'll be interesting to see how true this rumour is, and what form it takes when we find out about it for real.

Where were those characters confirmed?
In a interview with the game producer.

Thing is, that's Sword of Legendia, not a Tales of Symphonia sequel, unless the project did a 180º turn.

Those characters were similar to the Legendia ones (Sword of Legendia, figures) so that imples they're from Nakazawa Kazuto... A Tales of Symphonia sequel would have characters from Kosuke Fujishima.