NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Backing up files to DVD +R software recommendations?

Ok so I've decided to backup some files to DVD+R and I've just discovered that for some bizarre reason, my PC seems to have no software for backing up files to DVD, so anyways...

Can anyone recommend a decent piece of data backup software?

I was thinking of getting Nero or something but if there is anything better thats available (and free) I'd rather get that.

Thanks,

Nero could be free.. (demo XD *hmm*) why dvd + r btw? otherwise try looking through download.com and filter the licences for something

Hmm DVD + R because I have a pack of them lying around that I haven't used yet, does it make that much difference if it's DVD + R / - R or +R & -R ? seeing as it is only a backup of a few gigs of files. :wtf: is one format more reliable or something?

don't back up to dvd there unreliable plus you'll need to stick them in every night

use an external hard drive

Nothing really DVD + R is jsut a newer format and isnt as compatible with some of the old devices.

I have no problem with dvd backup but it's just annoying because you have to keep putting the disc in.

External hard drive is a great idea, I have all my music on it BUT be warned! I have lost all of it once due to a accidental yank out of the usb cable. It's not that nice, but when it works it's brill.

More to the point you'll want nero. or scan through download.com :)

What operating system do you have?

XP Home

also ty for the feedback, yes an external HDD might be a good idea I guess, though I only want to back up a DVD's worth atm, I'll probably download Nero.

Imgburn is a very well regarded freeware dvd burner. Give it a try. You'll need to use build mode.

I dont know about you but imgburn is only for images. I use it quite frequently and just now tried to select a normal file and it says "incompatible file format"

I dont know about you but imgburn is only for images. I use it quite frequently and just now tried to select a normal file and it says "incompatible file format"

You need to use build mode. Just like I said.

Sign in to follow this