NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The Darkness

Damn need to pick this up. Go no money in the bank though, I need to put the hundred on me in the bank. Damn my inability to do anything.

Payday today for me, picking this up after work at tesco for 35 quid. I doubt it's any cheaper online really (after postage)

is this still comming out for the PS3 today or is it next month?

I think its september.

is this still comming out for the PS3 today or is it next month?

July 20th.

Yeah I have really got into it tonight. I love the pure carnage of the game when alot of enemies are on screen. Also, Blackhole weapon FTW!

Are there many weapons, and how is this online?

Weapons wise there is duel handguns, duel uzis, shotgun, assault rifle and melee but its very rare I use them because once you get your Darkness powers you can implale enemies, send them into a vortex or just plain buther them along with ripping out their hearts and devoring them. You can also summon Darklings to do your killing either by mauling them, gunning them down, suicide bomber or electric attaks.

Online its pretty basic, you have capture the flag and the usual deathmatch modes. There is one cool feature though called Shapshifter when you can run around as a guy and then chage into a Darkling and run a hell of alot faster and then just maul your enemies before turning back into a human.

It really is one of the best 360 games that I have played in terms of single player adventure and it aint as short as many of the reviews said.

So just 4 weapons... :(

Well 5 if you include the Darkness Guns, dont let that put you off buying 1 of the must-have 360 games. Like I said before once you get your powers then guns dont really matter.

So just 4 weapons... :(

Don't worry about the number of weapons, this game rocks... : peace:

I love FPS's with some "meat" to it, be it adventure elements, RPG elements, ...

The Darkness is one of those games. And while I'm not really the kind of gamer that gets crazy about graphics (for me it's gameplay above all; I still enjoy playing games on my Spectrum 48k... well, except the loading part :D) this game looks awesome! God bless my HD TV... :laughing:

I played this from 8pm-4am last night, pretty much solid aswell and I beat finally beat the game, just couldnt put it down. I still have plenty to do on it though like get all the collectables, methinks I will start it on hard.

There's more than four weapons, I'm sure of it.

"Works it out in head"

1, Pistols, these pistols all count as one, as the random pistols that appear in the game you randomly use them, so it's like revolvers, normal pistols and such. I think there is 3 types of them.

2, Shotgun

3, Uzi

4, Ak 47

5, Assault Rifle

6, Darkness Guns

7, Single Bolt Rifle

8, Auto Shotgun

I played this from 8pm-4am last night, pretty much solid aswell and I beat finally beat the game, just couldnt put it down. I still have plenty to do on it though like get all the collectables, methinks I will start it on hard.

How long did it take you to play through? I'm assuming you didn't start the game at 8pm.

Man the first achievement in the game is annoying to get. You have to kill around 5-7 workers while you are in the car right at the start of the game. The annoying thing is if you mess up you have to watch the whole starting again! I have yet to get it.....

As for the length of the game ThatGuy im not sure. I started playing when I got it on Thursday, probably took between 10-12 hours.

Man the first achievement in the game is annoying to get. You have to kill around 5-7 workers while you are in the car right at the start of the game. The annoying thing is if you mess up you have to watch the whole starting again! I have yet to get it.....

As for the length of the game ThatGuy im not sure. I started playing when I got it on Thursday, probably took between 10-12 hours.

Cheers. So if I get sucked into it again like last night I might be able to finish it this weekend. I'll probably play through it twice as well.

Has anyone else had extremely bad lag while playing online?

Seriously its the worst Ive ever experienced!

Has anyone else had extremely bad lag while playing online?

Seriously its the worst Ive ever experienced!

I have had a bit but nothing terrible, many are saying that they are having the same problem as you Monkey, it needs patched.

Yeah it really is, it needs sorting right away, because the online looks fun but Ill never play it til it gets sorted

Maybe it was unexpectedly popular? In our local Gamestop they told me they sold 40 in one afternoon, they said thats reaching GoW numbers for the same period, and The Darkness had lttle to no promotion....

Has it sold well everywhere?

Yeah it really is, it needs sorting right away, because the online looks fun but Ill never play it til it gets sorted

Maybe it was unexpectedly popular? In our local Gamestop they told me they sold 40 in one afternoon, they said thats reaching GoW numbers for the same period, and The Darkness had lttle to no promotion....

Has it sold well everywhere?

Too early to tell yet but it was a much anticipated title for the 360 so it should do well in terms of sales. Wonder how it will fare on the PS3....

Well I couldnt wait otherwise I would have bought it for the PS3

If the online is better there I might buy it for it yet....

Finally got the Roadkill achievement. I have just started this again on easy ( rather than normal ) to see if I can get more of the collectables. Just got upto Dutch Oven Harry and went the Ghandi route with him this time as opposed to sending the Darkness into the hatch and unleashing hell on them.

At some fecking weird bit now where it keeps flashing and I keep getting taken back to the same place...

Back in the city now. This game is fecking awesome.

Im having a nightmare trying to find a collectable in the World War level, been on ages trying to get it.

GAHH!!

I know I have to kill myself in the graveyard and Im there now, anyone know what to do?

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Sign in to follow this