N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Back from the first day of The Emirates Cup.

Highlights

- David Villa's free kick. Awesome goal

- Valencia seemingly wanting to play decent football

- Arsenal winning 2-1, whilst looking like they couldn't find the goal

- PSG fans getting evicted and singing 'Au revoir' to them.

- Chanting Ants favourite "Eng-ger-land" chant at the PSG fans waving french flags about. Ironically we probably had more french players and at the time no Englishmen on the pitch

Lowlights

- Inter Milan were awful

- PSG weren't great either

- General Sale ticket crowd, newbie supporters extending from only knowing of one tube station, to getting 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks (who buys stadium food?!) to mexican waves (of which I did not endulge).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the first day of The Emirates Cup.

Highlights

- David Villa's free kick. Awesome goal

- Valencia seemingly wanting to play decent football

- Arsenal winning 2-1, whilst looking like they couldn't find the goal

- PSG fans getting evicted and singing 'Au revoir' to them.

- Chanting Ants favourite "Eng-ger-land" chant at the PSG fans waving french flags about. Ironically we probably had more french players and at the time no Englishman on the pitch

Lowlights

- Inter Milan were awful

- PSG weren't great either

- General Sale ticket crowd, newbie supporters extending from only knowing of one tube station, to getting 4 hot dogs and 4 drinks (who buys stadium food?!) to mexican waves (of which I did not endulge).

You remembered :heart:

Glad you enjoyed it mate

Ant...i swear you post constantly in this thread...

Is football the only thing you talk about or something? Seriously when i think of you all I think of is this thread and how you've kinda ruined it for me. Liverpool stadium this, Liverpool that, followed by others quoting you and getting you to post even MORE crap...

Anyway, on another note, what the hell is going on with heinze. Fergie is so adament he's gonna stay, yet he clearly wants out. Weird.

You remembered :heart:

Glad you enjoyed it mate

Yeah it was a good day. But nothing beats going to league games.. Even with a home crowd like ours that lack vocal prowess, today was just dire, if you can even imagine that. Hopefully with Arsenal playing Inter tomorrow (would rather have played Valencia) we'll get a bit more out of the crowd.

Ant...i swear you post constantly in this thread...

Is football the only thing you talk about or something? Seriously when i think of you all I think of is this thread and how you've kinda ruined it for me. Liverpool stadium this, Liverpool that, followed by others quoting you and getting you to post even MORE crap...

Jesus this Anti Shimmin stuff is in it's third day now..

Anyone fancy giving it a rest and stop ganging up on me?

Nice One :)

Jesus this Anti Shimmin stuff is in it's third day now..

Anyone fancy giving it a rest and stop ganging up on me?

Nice One :)

*sigh* you're just making it worse lol.

Well i only mentioned it once but it's been pissing me off for weeks now.

Yeah it was a good day. But nothing beats going to league games.. Even with a home crowd like ours that lack vocal prowess, today was just dire, if you can even imagine that. Hopefully with Arsenal playing Inter tomorrow (would rather have played Valencia) we'll get a bit more out of the crowd.

To be fair to Arsenal Fans, Although they aren't renowned for being the most passionate, all that i've met have been great guys.

Coming home from FA Cup 2001 we were in a traffic jam, we chatted and they wished us luck in the UEFA Cup Final. Kudos to the gooners...

If I was an abusive bastard I would understand, but I'm not.

I'm here for a little light banter and a good discussion.

To be fair to Arsenal Fans, Although they aren't renowned for being the most passionate, all that i've met have been great guys.

Coming home from FA Cup 2001 we were in a traffic jam, we chatted and they wished us luck in the UEFA Cup Final. Kudos to the gooners...

We are nice fellows, most of the time. :P

The most depressing thing about our support is most of the time they need something on the pitch to get them going. Where it should be the other way round, we should be creating the atmosphere to get the players going.

So Ant what is this Hillsborough justice campaign about?

Its for those 96 Liverpool Fans who died at Sheff Wednesday's ground in a FA Cup Tie v Nottingham Forest in May 1989.

A Day after The Sun produced a front page with a massive headline saying "The Truth" (When it was far from".

Quoting Such Lies as...

Urinating On Paramedics Trying to Give the Kiss of life

Pick Pocketing On The Dead

Behaving Drunk and Disorderly

The fight for justice is about bringing those to justice who are responsible and putting the record straight about what happend that day.

This is what the HJC Stand for in a lengthy Sum up

We at the Hillsborough Justice Campaign give cognizance to the bereaved and also to those who continue to suffer - many in silence. We condemn outright the lies reiterated by Kelvin McKenzie this year as to the facts of the day of the Disaster. His comments, clearly aimed to create maximum publicity also caused so much hurt and anger, and signified a callous disregard for the survivors of Hillsborough in particular and the people of Liverpool generally. However, the grass-roots response of Liverpool fans which manifested itself in the magnificent display on the kop is to be applauded. The HJC acknowledges the integrity of Liverpool fans who remain solidly committed to the fight for justice and the truth of Hillsborough. We shouldn't expect McKenzie to understand that though - integrity is not a word for which he has much use.

McKenzie's lies are in stark contrast to the support others continue to offer us. Our Greek friends are again here with us today as are many others from Europe and beyond. As has become customary now, the Greek branch of the Liverpool supporters has gathered together in Athens for a mass to commemorate the 96. Let's hope we might be able to thank them in person pretty soon! We should also mention at this point the amazing support offered by our Celtic friends. The banner which they had made and have displayed so prominently clearly shows their support to us and we are proud and honoured to have such friends.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign remains solidly committed to supporting the fight for justice in whatever form that may take. Justice for the 96 will always remain as the fundamental aim of the campaign. However, we at the HJC also acknowledge the need for justice for the survivors of Hillsborough. We acknowledge the depth of suffering that so many have experienced for eighteen long years. We also acknowledge those who could no longer take that suffering and ended their lives tragically. We would ask you to add them and their families to your thoughts and prayers today.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/home.shtm

For more info

all I think of is this thread and how you've kinda ruined it for me. Liverpool stadium this, Liverpool that, followed by others quoting you and getting you to post even MORE crap...

it's been pissing me off for weeks now.

100% agreed. You really have ruined this thread so I'm gonna try and get it back to the good old days...

Ramar, my fellow gooner, I echo your sentiments about our poor support. It really is pretty poor and even embarassing. We've got such an awesome stadium (although it is not as good as the new Anfiled eh, Ant?:indeed: :indeed: ) and yet we still can't find our voices. Hopefully this season, we will be more at home with the Emirates and create more noise and generally a better atmosphere.

100% agreed. You really have ruined this thread so I'm gonna try and get it back to the good old days...

Ramar, my fellow gooner, I echo your sentiments about our poor support. It really is pretty poor and even embarassing. We've got such an awesome stadium (although it is not as good as the new Anfiled eh, Ant?:indeed: :indeed: ) and yet we still can't find our voices. Hopefully this season, we will be more at home with the Emirates and create more noise and generally a better atmosphere.

Oh Shut Up For FFS...

Oh Shut Up For FFS...

Only talking about our awesome new stadium which is the Emirates. Its so awesome. Its got the best facilities, is located smack bang in the middle of North London (although it should be a couple more miles to the left, so its EXACTLY in the middle) and therefore everyone who lives there has an equal distance to travel! YAY!!!

My stadium is better than yours......so there!

Only talking about our awesome new stadium which is the Emirates. Its so awesome. Its got the best facilities, is located smack bang in the middle of North London (although it should be a couple more miles to the left, so its EXACTLY in the middle) and therefore everyone who lives there has an equal distance to travel! YAY!!!

My stadium is better than yours......so there!

It wasn't referring to your stadium

I was referring to the snide comment!

Jesus, you just cannot do right with some people!

Ant could you tell me what is the justice that they are seeking as I couldn't find it they just kept mentioning the word justice.

There was considerable debate over some aspects of the disaster; in particular, attention was focused on the decision to open the secondary gates. It was suggested that it would have been better to delay the start of the match as had often been done at other venues and matches. In defence the police claimed that they were concerned that the crush outside the stadium was getting out of control and accusations were made that some Liverpool fans did not have tickets and were trying to force the turnstiles. Other accusations of misbehaviour were made in relation to the crowd. However, no substantial evidence was presented to support any of these claims, with Lord Justice Taylor making particular effort to refute them in his final report. At the enquiry, prosecutor Alun Jones QC told the court that Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield gave the order to open gates that allowed hundreds of fans to flood on to the already crowded terraces at the Sheffield Wednesday stadium. But minutes after the disaster, in which 89 fans were crushed to death, he "deceitfully and dishonestly" told senior FA officials that the supporters had forced the gate open themselves, Mr Jones said.

Basically we want the Relevant people in the Police at the time to be punished for the loss of life encountered.

For What they did exactly, Read on from this http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/buildup2.shtm

Basically we want the Relevant people in the Police at the time to be punished for the loss of life encountered.

For What they did exactly, Read on from this http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/buildup2.shtm

Ah right.

I seem to remember one of the Liverpool fans on here saying they wished Hillsborough was destroyed was you ir one of the others.

It's been getting better. At the very early stages of last season if "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" started, you were being told to sit down by some people. It was a joke. Then I made sure I didn't sit in that quadrant again, I get myself as near to REDaction (a support group, which promote active and vocal support) and its a lot better.

I for one feel settled into the Emirates Stadium, as embarassing as it is, I think I've now been to more games there than at Highbury.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!