N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Okay. :indeed:

Back on topic - Liverpool's Stadium is in the planning stages. I just don't understand the big hoo-hah about it?? It seems to me you see it as the most incredible piece of architecture in the world and that because it's Liverpool, that it makes that about twice the building it actually is?

No stop over reacting I think I can be given the right to express my opinion to call the new stadium one of the best in the world, considering it will be within the high seventies, a whole new unique structure belonging to one of the worlds most supported and famous clubs.

I think we have a simply astonishing stadium, it isn't in it's planning stages it's simply a review of the original planning permission we have we will hear something in August wether these will be rejected or accepted.

But As I stated earlier for the first time in a long time, we have owners who will put their money where their mouth is. Which will pursuade the council to go ahead further. The money invovled is astronomical, the scale of the project is imense as well. I mean it's literaly the whole of Anfield area that is being re done from ground up, you have at least 1 or 2 Square miles of business, hosuing being done up which includes massive amounts of building work and job placements being made

The club have to help finance this, thats all the council want,a and all they need to secure this stadium, which they will do.

Give it time

I am very excited to put it simply and give it a few weeks and more detials, more images will be filtered out.

The New Stadium has about as much of a chance of being rejected as their is Gary Neville coming out and saying he wants to play for Liverpool...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No stop over reacting I think I can be given the right to express my opinion to call the new stadium one of the best in the world, considering it will be within the high seventies, a whole new unique structure belonging to one of the worlds most supported and famous clubs.

I think we have a simply astonishing stadium, it isn't in it's planning stages it's simply a review of the original planning permission we have we will hear something in August wether these will be rejected or accepted.

But As I stated earlier for the first time in a long time, we have owners who will put their money where their mouth is. Which will pursuade the council to go ahead further. The money invovled is astronomical, the scale of the project is imense as well. I mean it's literaly the whole of Anfield area that is being re done from ground up, you have at least 1 or 2 Square miles of business, hosuing being done up which includes massive amounts of building work and job placements being made

I don't think i am over reacting tho :smile:

And of course it's in the planning stages - if it hasn't been given the go ahead yet it's still in the planning stages!!

There is no doubt it is an ambitious stadium whether the capacity be 60k, 70k or 80k, but I think (my own personal opinion here...) that if they are only future proofing an expansion to the high seventies it is only to spite Manchester United - anything you can do we can do better?

They'll have trashed it within a week anyway.

The open corners are just so when a load of pissed up scousers with forged tickets rush in on top of each other they just spill out the sides.

Wind Up Merchant

I don't think i am over reacting tho :smile:

And of course it's in the planning stages - if it hasn't been given the go ahead yet it's still in the planning stages!!

There is no doubt it is an ambitious stadium whether the capacity be 60k, 70k or 80k, but I think (my own personal opinion here...) that if they are only future proofing an expansion to the high seventies it is only to spite Manchester United - anything you can do we can do better?

How is it to spite it's to compete on a financial Level????

We can argue all day about whether it looks amazing/shit, but one thing we can't argue about is the fact that it's unique, and that's what matters to me. We're a unique football club, we deserve a stadium that is radically different to anything else in the world, one that stands out. Love it or hate it, that's what we've got.

And just for the record, I fucking love it! :D

We can argue all day about whether it looks amazing/shit, but one thing we can't argue about is the fact that it's unique, and that's what matters to me. We're a unique football club, we deserve a stadium that is radically different to anything else in the world, one that stands out. Love it or hate it, that's what we've got.

And just for the record, I fucking love it! :D

Couldn't of put it better myself....

No it doesn't, What makes a new stadium Amazing is the structure, atmosphere and feeling of the ground.

I mean I'm sorry but if what your saying is good about Arsenal's Stadium is corporate hospitality and that makes it the best in the world. Then I feel sorry for you being taken in by the Nazi Bastards.

The Emirates is a lovely stadium just not at all unique to Arsenal and that makes it bad.

That right, Adolf Hitler is actually Peter Hillwood in disguise, and when him and his board of facists decided to build a stadium they thought fuck the people inside. Lets not give them comfy seats which are padded, lets not give them lots of toilets to make sure they miss the second half, lets not give them lots of restaurants or snack bars just in case someone needs a refreshment, lets not invest in a new system of electronic entrance to reduce queues into the stadium..

If thats corporate for the average spectator, I wonder what the prawn sandwich ring get...

That right, Adolf Hitler is actually Peter Hillwood in disguise, and when him and his board of facists decided to build a stadium they thought fuck the people inside. Lets not give them comfy seats which are padded, lets not give them lots of toilets to make sure they miss the second half, lets not give them lots of restaurants or snack bars just in case someone needs a refreshment, lets not invest in a new system of electronic entrance to reduce queues into the stadium..

If thats corporate for the average spectator, I wonder what the prawn sandwich ring get...

All your saying to me is all you can associate the generic bowl (that is the Emirates) with Arsenal is the Corporate Hospitality.

I am not doubting the qualities of the Emirates and it is a nice stadium as I have said countless times, but for the reasons you have stated I can find them in many other football grounds.

For someone to have the best stadium it has to be unique to the club of what that own it..

The Emirates is not Unique to Arsenal in any shadow of the imagination, provide me with some proof that when i go to Arsenal's ground I will see something that I will not see in other grounds that is unique to Arsenal...

Why not fill them in now and add to the capacity outright? seems very strange to me.

Because we need to get the shvoel in the ground soon, we are going to build towards expantion and apply for an increase in capacity.

The Current Planning Permission allows for a 60,000 seater stadia, we are putting in planning permission again to see if we can essentially go ahead in the change of structure but stil staying within the 60,000 limit. This should take less weeks rather than months to be accepted. Due to the fact we allready have permission for 60,000.

We are going to build towards this, but during the mean time we shall work out a deal with the council that allows us to increase to 80,000.

The general view is if Liverpool pay to Open the an abandoned rail line "Bootle Line" then they can expand.

It's all about showing abit of nouse on behalf of Tom and George who have had experience and knowledge in stadium building.

Either way we will have something up by 2010

AerialStadiumSouthEast.jpg

bigger Pic

Lets Put this Into Perspective...

That little green bit on the left is Anfield....

Just trying to get across how big it is

untitled1ws0.png

The area circled in red was the site of the original designs, based soley on the Car Park, the pitch was meant to be below ground.

untitled2uh7.png

The area circled above is where the new stadium is going to be, as you can see from the elevated render I posted previously, it literally touches the back of Anfield Road and Stretched ALL the way across to Priory Road. Believe me when I say it's some distance...

Just to Clarify safe to put these up now, These where the pictures I was given few weeks back. Showed these to fields and Nando...

1026LiverpoolShowOffNewFootballStadiumDesign_pic1.jpg

904958954_8d33d64735_o.jpg

904125169_22fcbac46f_o.jpg

This IKEA-bathroom-scales design looks bollocks all like the quickly removed in-the-know leaked pictures you posted by the way.

Read my post above...Dickhead The pictures that were leaked from ynwa.tv last month are the spot on the real thing, Just a different render

Hence the reason I was crapping myself...

All your saying to me is all you can associate the generic bowl (that is the Emirates) with Arsenal is the Corporate Hospitality.

I am not doubting the qualities of the Emirates and it is a nice stadium as I have said countless times, but for the reasons you have stated I can find them in many other football grounds.

For someone to have the best stadium it has to be unique to the club of what that own it..

The Emirates is not Unique to Arsenal in any shadow of the imagination, provide me with some proof that when i go to Arsenal's ground I will see something that I will not see in other grounds that is unique to Arsenal...

Tell me squire, does every seat at Anfield have a padding? Because I'm quite sure we're the only team in England to currently offer a comfy padded seat whether you be behind the goal or in a the executives seats. If enjoying a match in ease and comfort is corporate then I guess you just have wooden benches at anfield, that would be suitable to the 'working man'... :indeed:

The stadium itself is unqiue to our club, the fact the decor is in our colours, we have huge crests on the stadium. I'm sure if you said Emirates Stadium to any proper English football fan, they'd know it was Arsenal's new stadium. I can't deny that its very similar to that stadium in Portugal, but saying its a generic bowl just shows blind ignorance. Ignorance that you often share with us on the many areas of discussion. I've spoken to many away supporters on the tube or train home, and every fan has been impressed, even fellow Londoners (eg West Ham fans).

Tell me squire, does every seat at Anfield have a padding? Because I'm quite sure we're the only team in England to currently offer a comfy padded seat whether you be behind the goal or in a the executives seats. If enjoying a match in ease and comfort is corporate then I guess you just have wooden benches at anfield, that would be suitable to the 'working man'... :indeed:

The stadium itself is unqiue to our club, the fact the decor is in our colours, we have huge crests on the stadium. I'm sure if you said Emirates Stadium to any proper English football fan, they'd know it was Arsenal's new stadium. I can't deny that its very similar to that stadium in Portugal, but saying its a generic bowl just shows blind ignorance. Ignorance that you often share with us on the many areas of discussion. I've spoken to many away supporters on the tube or train home, and every fan has been impressed, even fellow Londoners (eg West Ham fans).

I am just waiting for you to say

ALL THIS FOR £88 PER GAME

YES

£88 PER GAME...

I am not denying your stadium is class but it's got nothing outstanding about it, So what if it's got cushion chairs, I stand up at away matches?

When i say give me something thats unique to Arsenal about the Emirates in terms of what it has that sets it out from the rest, comfy seats isn't one of them.

I am looking for something UNIQUE, something worth shouting about...

I can say when Anfield Opens, We have a design not seen in football

Pompey can say they have a stadium unique and different

You can say for the Emirates We have a Bowl Shaped stadium, Like everyone else...? Give me something more than Comfy Seats please...

i agree with the new antfeild being unique. wouldnt agree with emirat being something special though. its actually quite generic.

emirates

emirates1.jpg

cardiff

millenium1.jpg

paris

parcdesprinces3.jpg

olympic stadium - Berlin

olympiastadionberlin4.jpg

frankfurt

waldstadion7.jpg

get the point? the shift now is from stadium design to stadium facilities and services (united have great services while wembley stadium has great facilities)