N-Europe

Safari For Windows

Emasher

Not on windows.

But i guess you could pretend its perfect like some of the apple fans.

You know, that's why they call it a beta. But it's much more secure than the holes that Explorer left in version 6, and it even left holes in the Beta edition 7. When the final version arrives of Safari, it will be secure and stable.

And what's with that constant 'let's bash Apple(-fans)'? We ain't saying 'hey, you like windows, go kill yourself or cut open your arm or something, freak!'. Are we? Are we? Djees.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its not bad. None of the browser are as bad as what IE used to be in its pre updates dark ages. Security wise things are good nowadays as Ie, firefox and Safari are all pretty good in general(no reason to not use them for security). The only desktop browser in another league for security is Opera.

You know, that's why they call it a beta. But it's much more secure than the holes that Explorer left in version 6, and it even left holes in the Beta edition 7. When the final version arrives of Safari, it will be secure and stable.

And what's with that constant 'let's bash Apple(-fans)'? We ain't saying 'hey, you like windows, go kill yourself or cut open your arm or something, freak!'. Are we? Are we? Djees.

Do you mean secure as in secure to input your credit card numbers or

Stable as in stable enough that it doesn't crash.

the mac version is a lot more stable than the PC version, but they are both betas

I doubt that the reason for Apple releasing Safari on Windows was to capture some market share, that may be an added bonus but it definitely wasn't the main reason.

Anyone who paid attention to the keynote will realise that the whole point of Safari on Windows is so that people wanting to develop apps for the iPhone don't have to buy Macs (because Apple know they won't), they can just test their applications on their Windows boxes since the iPhone and Safari both share Webkit.

Having said this, I really hope that this helps KHTML and Konqueror (KDE's HTML rendering engine and web browser, the thing that Webkit and Safari are based on). There was a bit of talk at aKademy 2007 about porting KDE apps to Windows so maybe Apple will give them a hand at least with the web browser.

I doubt that the reason for Apple releasing Safari on Windows was to capture some market share, that may be an added bonus but it definitely wasn't the main reason.

Anyone who paid attention to the keynote will realise that the whole point of Safari on Windows is so that people wanting to develop apps for the iPhone don't have to buy Macs (because Apple know they won't), they can just test their applications on their Windows boxes since the iPhone and Safari both share Webkit.

Having said this, I really hope that this helps KHTML and Konqueror (KDE's HTML rendering engine and web browser, the thing that Webkit and Safari are based on). There was a bit of talk at aKademy 2007 about porting KDE apps to Windows so maybe Apple will give them a hand at least with the web browser.

That's actually a darn good point! I can't imagine Mac users being technical enough to write apps.

That's actually a darn good point! I can't imagine Mac users being technical enough to write apps.

Heh woops didn't really mean it to come across like that, I more meant that any developers who want to develop for iPhone that don't have Macs already probably would have otherwise just given up developing iPhone apps.

Although if they want to develop for iPhone surely they would have an iPhone to test it on...

Do you mean secure as in secure to input your credit card numbers or

Stable as in stable enough that it doesn't crash.

the mac version is a lot more stable than the PC version, but they are both betas

And you might perhaps wonder... why? Why the hell does Safari run more stable on MacOS X? Could it have something to do with the fact that APple developed the entire codes within their OS? That could be it.

Yup, theres a Windows update out. I only know because Apple decided to strap they're bloody updater on to my OS, i've tried to get rid of it but so far i've failed! This thing is harder to remove than most viruses! Could it be the new Real Player/AOL?