NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Athriller

Down In Albion

Less than a month away from the release of Babyshamble's first album, and leaked it has been. This thread isn't about pirating or where to find the stash of British punk rock goodness, but merely discussion of the band and the album.

I predict a lot of Pete Doherty raping in this thread, but I do say, give the album a listen before branding him a worthless junkie. Heck, even the sun, the instigators of 'down with Doherty' have called the album 'classic'.

I for one have heard the album, and I'm damn impressed. It's 16 tracks of long, 15 of which are brilliant, whilst one is somewhat lacking in my most humblest of opinions.

I'll be buying it on release since I'm in love with it, it's nice to the Doherty actually get his shit right again. Lyrically, it's unstoppable. It's also shambolic (babyshambles!) and full of chaos which adds to the atmosphere of most songs. My favourite songs are:

La Belle et Las Bete

Pipedown

Albion

Loyalty Song

Sticks And Stones

Back From The Dead

Killamangiro

A'rebours

I actually enjoy Pentonville, and I seem to be the only one. It's not as good as others, but I feel it works in its own strange way.

ive only heard a few songs and only really know Killamangiro but ill definately be getting this album. Im a big fan of pete and also the libertines unlike many people on this forum for various reasons

As my dear friend Atif knows, I am a fan of Pete/Babyshambles/Libertines, and so I have this album on pre-order. I eagerly await the release.

I've heard acoustic versions of most of those songs, and so I know that they're pure genius lyrically. The newspapers don't highlight Doherty's sensitive, thoughtful, poetic side that's so apparent in his songwriting. The drugs are destroying him, which is a real shame, because he is a very talented chap indeed.

Which song is it that you dislike?

I've grown disenchanted with 'Shambles since I saw them in Manchester. The band performed fine, but the fans. They're ravenous for Pete, shouting his name as though they want his babies. Made me ill.

is it just me or does the re-recorded version of kilamangiro not as good as the releaed one

I felt that way at first, but after listening to it more, I now prefer the album version. The same with fuck forever.

Which song is it that you dislike?

What Katie did next, although I'm slowly becoing accustomed to it now.

Pentonville seems to be getting a lot of stick from the fans, but I can't stop listening to it. I love it.

ye you were right about the kilamangiro new recorded version. i listened to the relesaed one yesterday and it didn't sound right but the album one did

killamangiro is a brilliant song, so i'm going to give this a listen. it just makes me sad to see someone with so much talent destroy himself like that though. i hope he gets better and continues to make great music.

He may be a junkie but my god is his music amazing, its total genius

i was at his concert last night 20/02/07 and for someone smacked out of his head he sure can entertain. He played most of his songs from down in albion but he also played the blinding and i wish from blinding ep it was immence although saying that his rasta man jail buddy general santana had more stage time than him but still it was worth it :)

He may be a junkie but my god is his music amazing, its total genius

i was at his concert last night 20/02/07 and for someone smacked out of his head he sure can entertain. He played most of his songs from down in albion but he also played the blinding and i wish from blinding ep it was immence although saying that his rasta man jail buddy general santana had more stage time than him but still it was worth it :)

Wow, what the hell you doing. Good start with your first post here bumping a 2 year old thread.....keep it up.

I thought Athriller had come back for a minute there.

Dittom got a bit disappointed.

Welcome to the boards, try not to bump up really old topics though.

ummm as much as I love pete and was at Brixton on sunday watching the Babyshambles this thread is 2 years old and thus shall be locked.

Sign in to follow this