N-Europe

360 to Pc Monitor Sound Question

Haden

Hey guys

After finding out a DVI to VGA adaptor would enable me to play 360 on my monitor I was quite excited. However am I going to have to buy a new set of speakers? My current set only have a green cable to plug into a pc and nowhere for the red and white? cables to go. Sorry if this is a newb question its just I really dont want to have to buy a new set of speakers as I like my old ones.

All the best Haden

Hey guys

After finding out a DVI to VGA adaptor would enable me to play 360 on my monitor I was quite excited. However am I going to have to buy a new set of speakers? My current set only have a green cable to plug into a pc and nowhere for the red and white? cables to go. Sorry if this is a newb question its just I really dont want to have to buy a new set of speakers as I like my old ones.

All the best Haden

I had the same problem. Did you buy a 3rd party one? The official one supposedly has an adapter that lets you plug it into PC speakers.

The VGA cable I have (£10 Joytech one) only supports proper speakers. I just use my Hi-Fi for sound on 360 now. Not ideal but does the job well.

I ran into this problem when I bought the VGA cable however I have a amp in my room which has the connections but I don't think that would apply to you.

I think you might need to get new speakers but if you have a sound system try playing around with that to see if it has the right connections.

Hmm the thing is Im not sure where I would plug in the 2 phono to jack plug thing you linked? As there would be the two red and white cables and then the green cable as well where would it all go? And how would I connect the three together? If you see what I mean sorry if im being unclear.

I mean thats the one that my pc speakers use. Im blatently going to have to get new speakers arent I lol

Can't you plug your 360 audio into the microphone port on your PC, and use the speakers connected to the PC? (Theres a setting to play the microphone input through the speakers)

edit: or how about

"stereo 3.5mm socket to socket adapter, plastic"

http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/3.5mm_to_3.5mm_adapters.html#aAA2353

To connedt the other adapter to the speaker cable.