N-Europe

Flash 9 for Wii

The Lillster

its not nintendos fault or opreas...adobe hasnt sent out the dev kits for flash...so no one can port it over to a non windows or mac system..i remember reading that opera wanted to put flash 9 but just couldnt not because of hardware reasons but just that they couldnt.. its always possible to update the browser tho they only question is will they when they are able to..

It would also be interesting to have Java-Support (for some websites, are not that much) but that is not that easily possible I guess... Although there should be a PowerPC-Version but that one needs Mac OS X, so therefore... But well with Java being or becoming Open-Source (don't know if it is already or will become it in the future) it would be possible but the question is if it is worth the effort doing this...

Wait, youtube is flash 9 only now? I swear I'm on 8 and I just watched some Death from Above 1979 video 10 mins ago.

My bad, false alarm.

I was on my Wii last night and a video wasn't working, saying I needed the latest flash player installed.

But now it works.

Either way it would be nice if we could have the latest versions. (I know it's not Nintendo' or Opera' fault).

Wait, youtube is flash 9 only now? I swear I'm on 8 and I just watched some Death from Above 1979 video 10 mins ago.

*Snif* :cry:

Bastards... Breaking up and all...

Completely off-topic, and sincere apologies if called for.

On a similiar topic N Gamer keep banging on in their magazines that you can watch films from Peek Vid on your Wii, has anyone actually managed to do this?

I used to get them workin (from tv-links), but since they updated their systems with that new RichNetApp, it doesn't work anymore. It's slow - but okay, it's not only slow on Wii.

I haven't tested peekvid, but most of the videos barely work because of the slow loading, not only on the Wii, though.