N-Europe

Servers.

Caris

Windows is fine, im talking about a simple server not Linux vs Windows.

Well ok then, and I was just telling you that it is my honest opinion that Linux is much better at this sort of thing than Windows.

And, as I asked before, what do you want to do with this server?

(not that I can really answer you as I haven't run Windows in ages, just asking because it will help anyone else answer any of your questions)

Guest Jordan

I am right in thinking people who use Linux are like Apple fans only they know what they're on about thus twice as annoying? :D

As much as I like Linux, this sounds so much like a mac thread... He just wants to learn how set up a server with out many hassles, and Windows will do that just fine. Maybe someday he'll try it with Linux, just don't shove it up his throat, it still isn't exactly user friendly, specially for servers.

As much as I like Linux, this sounds so much like a mac thread... He just wants to learn how set up a server with out many hassles, and Windows will do that just fine. Maybe someday he'll try it with Linux, just don't shove it up his throat, it still isn't exactly user friendly, specially for servers.

Well one of my lectures shoves macs and linux/unix down our throats since we have started - I given in the plot and hes actually got me learning all about linux now. Its just quite simply a pain in the arse. Thanks to evereyone in IT who made it so difficult.