NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

E3 Exhibitor Numbers Dwindle

E3 2007 official Floor Plans

40718041620070501011952.jpg

The big companys now have the same small size. (Twenty By Twenty)

That is so cack. I loved the spectacle of E3, especially the huge sprawling Nintendo stand that just seemed to get bigger and more wild every year. Still, as long as they keep the press conferences for the big wild announcements it'll be good, as I'v never attended.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

One other thing in retort to the comments from ZeldaFreak, it's total crap that this will mean more money being spent on the games and not on this.

The money spent on this events by companies would not come from development costs but from their advertising and marketing budget.

However as a gamer I can see the benefits of downsizing:-

1) Don't have to employ booth babes/ Don't have to pay a 3rd party company to hire them for them.

Booth babes were banned last year anyway, baka!!

really? I'm sure IGN did a booth babe round up last year? I shall investigate!

Investigation over - you were right and it's crap! I loved the babes!

Is that 20 meters or 20 feet? It looks awfully small, and there'll be loads of journalists :(

Is that 20 meters or 20 feet? It looks awfully small, and there'll be loads of journalists :(

20 feet. So they have 400 square feet each. You could just about fit all the lerger stands on a football pitch.

The press conferences are still going to happen you know. Its only the actual event its self which is being cut back.

Yeah, but those conferences are less likely to be as 'big' as they were before. Now there isn't one 'central' expo for all the major things to happen on, announcements and such will be spread throughout the year, and so the conferences get less 'exclusive' news and more propaganda. It means Nintendo's conferences will turn into the SONY ones.

Previously:

Nintendo: We're great - see how now!

Microsoft: We're great - we can buy out loads of games companies and make them produce great games!

SONY: We're great - because we, erm, said so.

Now:

Nintendo: We're great, but we're saving all our decent stuff for later in the year, so you'll just have to take our word for it!

Microsoft: We're great - we can buy out loads of games companies and make them produce great games!

SONY: We're great - because we, erm, said so.

Of course, if the conferences are still a hugely enjoyable fiasco, then I shall be proven wrong.

They weren't. It was more of a case of not showing as much flesh as in previous years...........and that rule wasn't really stuck to all that well.

I miss the old E3 already...

Quoted for truth.

E3 ued to be a really exciting thing, even for just us reading about it, and watching clips and that (remember the crazy youtubers with the metroid and Mario Galaxy videos?)

This time./. it's like they just stripped the fun from it. But we haven't really seen how it's going to be yet..

Quoted for truth.

E3 ued to be a really exciting thing, even for just us reading about it, and watching clips and that (remember the crazy youtubers with the metroid and Mario Galaxy videos?)

This time./. it's like they just stripped the fun from it. But we haven't really seen how it's going to be yet..

Stripped the fun from it, never a truer word said

Sign in to follow this