NEurope
Rummy

I think the update broke my goddamn wii!

I know theres a support thread, but I'm short on time and for some reason this laptop I'm on starts monging out like a snail whenever I try browsing these forums at the moment.

BAsically, since the internet browser, and the wii update, I haven't been able to connect to the Wii Shop channel, it says it can't find the server. I just also checked my router log, it seems that the Wii hasn't connected for Wiiconnect24 at all since then(as the log would usually be littered with connections to the internet by my wii).

Where do I go next? To the NintendoWFC site and lookup the error code? If it's a permanant problem with my wii that needs fixing by them, who do I contact and will they pick it up or am I going to have to post the darn thing? This is so annoying, I don't think I can't get updates for the EV Channel either, which upsets me :(

Unplug both your Wii and Router. Try connecting again.

edit: Oh, plug them back in, too.

I couldn't get connected to anything for a bit after the update either.. but I ended up going to my internet settings on the Wii and went to test connection. The test was succesful and next time I tried to go to the shop channel it worked...

I know theres a support thread, but I'm short on time and for some reason this laptop I'm on starts monging out like a snail whenever I try browsing these forums at the moment.

BAsically, since the internet browser, and the wii update, I haven't been able to connect to the Wii Shop channel, it says it can't find the server. I just also checked my router log, it seems that the Wii hasn't connected for Wiiconnect24 at all since then(as the log would usually be littered with connections to the internet by my wii).

Where do I go next? To the NintendoWFC site and lookup the error code? If it's a permanant problem with my wii that needs fixing by them, who do I contact and will they pick it up or am I going to have to post the darn thing? This is so annoying, I don't think I can't get updates for the EV Channel either, which upsets me :(

The address is on the nintendo of europe website:

Nintendo Service Centre

Codestorm House

Walton Road

Farlington

Hampshire

PO6 1TR

Telephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls are charged at the National Rate to the caller)

Fax: 02392 383 444

Email Us:

[email protected]

They recommend you ring you them before sending it off and send it off via special delivery otherwise you aren't insured.

You have to pay the postage, although they do have the facility to pick it up via Parcelforce, which they did with my last one, but you really have to push them to do it, but they have it all up on their screens in front of them (likely just log into their internet account), the first time they were having none of it, but the second time seem as it was a repeated problem they agreed to pick it up that day. It's possible they will do the same for you if the update caused your wii to bugger up...seem as it's their fault.

The reason you couldn't get on the shop channel is simply the servers were overloaded with people downloading the new browser. Don't know about the router issue, maybe it had just cleaned whe nyou looked? Anyway, I really doubt it's an issue with the Wii :)

I'm fairly sure it's a Wii issue, the router works fine and the log doesn't clear itself unless the router is turned off, which it hasn't been. I'm gonna try that fiddling with the connection settings, I tried the wii shop again, and EV channel, both don't connect with error code 051030. Unfortunately, Nintendo's site doesn't have any information for error codes 0-99999, which unless I'm very much mistaken is EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM.

Idiots.

EDIT:

I couldn't get connected to anything for a bit after the update either.. but I ended up going to my internet settings on the Wii and went to test connection. The test was succesful and next time I tried to go to the shop channel it worked...

I did that just now, and it magically fixed itself. I dunno why, I never thought to go fiddle around in there, which would usually have been my first port of call for sorting the problem. I'm an idiot. Thanks everyone! It did offer me the update again after the connection test, then told me I had it, so I dunno what went wrong with it.

Just updated mine and downloaded the internet browser and everything is working fine for me.

Try downloading the update again Rummy ?

Time for Smackdown with Ollie Williams. What do you see, Ollie?

"Nintendo gon' gedit!"

Thanks, Ollie. And now, this... :)

Nintendo's site doesn't have any information for error codes 0-99999, which unless I'm very much mistaken is EVERY SINGLE FREAKING ONE OF THEM.

Idiots.

"common" error codes are 6-digits (non-zero first digit). Hence why it's not listed.

Time for Smackdown with Ollie Williams. What do you see, Ollie?

"Nintendo gon' gedit!"

Thanks, Ollie. And now, this... :)

Heh, that was most amusing!

"common" error codes are 6-digits (non-zero first digit). Hence why it's not listed.

Is there anywhere that actually lists all the error codes and what they mean?