NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fresh

Snap, Crackle and Pop

While playing DVD's on my PC i often here crackling noises, especially during times with a lot of bass.

I've tried downloading some audio codec packs but to no avail.

Ideas?

//Fresh

I used to have an even weirder problem, whenever i used the mouse scroll i heard a weird high pitched noise. Its usually due to drivers, see what you're using currently and update your drivers.

Oh and check your cables/speaker connectors, make sure they aren't cut or come out of a socket or something.

I used to have an even weirder problem, whenever i used the mouse scroll i heard a weird high pitched noise. Its usually due to drivers, see what you're using currently and update your drivers.

Oh and check your cables/speaker connectors, make sure they aren't cut or come out of a socket or something.

All be checked mate, It's odd that it's only when playing DVD's that this problem occurs, playing games is fine.

All be checked mate, It's odd that it's only when playing DVD's that this problem occurs, playing games is fine.

Indeed, it could well be an issue on your DVD drive...

Indeed, it could well be an issue on your DVD drive...

Works fine with Cd's.

You have not listed your DVD playabck software, your audio card or it driver version, OS, motherboard information, or DVD drive information.

I reccomend posting details about the parts in addition to the symptoms. If you need assistance in this task, feel free to ask.

In the short term, try VLC player for your DVD and report this result in addition to the hardware, iff possible.

If you have a X-Fi sound card its a common problem.

Yep, specially if you're using the X-Fi crystalliser with cheap speakers.

My standard speakers can't handle the output but my headphones can.

You have not listed your DVD playabck software, your audio card or it driver version, OS, motherboard information, or DVD drive information.

No matter what program i use to play the DVD it crackles.

I've pulled this from my MSINFO32:

(OS is Xp pro)

---------------

Item Value

Drive G:

Description CD-ROM Drive

Media Loaded No

Media Type CD-ROM

Name LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1H

-------------------

Item Value

Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

Manufacturer Analog Devices

Status OK

PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F&REV_1005\4&3057F9B4&0&0001

Driver h:\windows\system32\drivers\adihdaud.sys (5.10.01.4151 built by: WinDDK, 138.00 KB (141,312 bytes), 07/02/2007 17:43)

----------------------

Motherboard

ASUS® P5N-SLI: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA, 2 PCI, etc

Yeah that happens to me sometimes. Is it just to do with drivers?

Doesn't work.

Your speakers? Have you tried media player classic that comes with its own codec pack?

Yeah that happens to me sometimes. Is it just to do with drivers?

It can be attributed to many things, but especially with sound integrated onto the mainboard, they are notorious for picking up electrical interference from the rest of the motherboard circuitry, especially the mouse and keyboard ports which are nearby. In some cases, drives can help fix the problem...While others it is no possible complete remove it.

Sign in to follow this