NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None

Yep you heard right a Agatha Christie game is coming to the Wii!

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5829624

Sam & Max have been heavily rumored as possible original Virtual Console-esque releases on Wii, but unless vague teasing from Telltale Games and Nintendo count as concrete announcements, we don't really know much of anything. Adventure gamers shouldn't despair, however, as The Adventure Company announced today that Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None is coming to Wii this fall.

The game didn't score particularly well on PC, however, only managing an overall score of 67% on GameRankings. Maybe the added interactivity from the Wiimote (unearthing clues with a shovel via a digging motion or opening a safe by turning the Wiimote) can help shake things up, and considering there's no point-and-click adventure games on Wii yet, And Then There Were None could fill a missing niche.

The Adventure Company says And Then There None will arrive in November. Players are introduced as a new character not present in the novel it's based upon, the boatman who brings the other 10 characters to an elaborate estate on a mysterious island. All the invitees are accused of murder, however, and the host starts executing them one by one. The boatman's given the unwieldy task of solving the real crime.

This sounds quite good. I love point and click adventure games. 'Another Code' for DS springs to mind which was great, if a little short.

IMO, the two genres of game which are perfect for the Wii are point and click adventures and on-rails shooters. Nice to see a developer realising the same.

Everyone knows who Agatha Christie is! :D

I might actually get this. I love good mystery plots and point and click stuff.

I feel like an old woman.

Who the fu*k is Agatha Christie can be heard across the planet.

seriously.....I know gamers are stereotyped as being insular and isolated..but seriously....

I am one of those people.:wtf:

Another fan of point and click here. I also love anything mystery/detective-related, so I hope this comes off.

Oh lord...

Anyway, from what I've read the game is nothing special, but the more adventure games, the merrier.

You are shitting me....

AGATHA CHRISTIE?

Is she the new Tom Clancy?

:p

haha lol! one thing about it I'm interested to see is how the plot expositition translate to a game, because some of the Poirot novels have great plots...

Lmao. You people. I have tried to erase that shit from my mind for ages.

Angela Lansbury was fine in Bedknobs and Broomsticks & Kingdom Hearts 2, but I'll never forgive her for the arse gravey that is Agatha Christie.

F*ck you too, Poirot.

By the way, this is another port, why the praise?

(DP screw it)

Loads of us have Kiefer avatars, cool! :D

This comes out tomorrow (8/2) so was wondering if anyone has ordered it/got it? I love a good point & click so I've ordered it from Amazon but they're not delivering it until next week.

There's also 'Secret Files of Tunguska' coming to Wii on 14/3. I hope these games do OK saleswise (I doubt they will) because I'd love to see a Broken Sword game on Wii:smile:

WHAT THE ****

EVEN I (a 13 years old boy) KNOW AGATHA CHRISTIE X_X

Poirot is the best detective ever (you heard it, even better than the overated Sherlock Holmes)

If you like Mistery novels, read Agatha Christie, for god's sake.

Btw: This game is cool, but i already played in the PC, i will not buy this one on Wii, unfortunaly. (BTW: If you like Agatha Christie, buy this one, is one of her best novels, and a reasonable game :) )

Yeah it is a good novel, tempted to get it, is it budget price? Dunno why there must be better stuff out there to spend money on.

Sign in to follow this